Chapter 34: Oxygen Reminds Me I Lost Her

(Niall’s POV)

I let her sit first on one of the wooden chairs around a wooden table for two. The girl is pretty. I can’t deny that.

“So how exactly do you think I am?” I asked as I took my seat.

“To be honest, I think you’re a pop star who tells the crowd you’re so amazed to be where you are—and then later you get girls who you don’t really care about, tattoos and drugs, go to rehab and make a come back with better songs.” She shrugs. “It’s sort of a pattern a lot of pop stars give off.”

I gaped at her. “That was entirely wrong.” I said finally—I wasn’t angry, just shocked. “First of all, you have no idea what I’ve been through. And second, I will treat every girl with the respect she deserves.” I stated matter-of-factly. “You’re just one of those fans who think they can get my attention by being rude—”

“You think you know me enough to say that don’t you?” She cuts me off and we both sit in awkward silence when the waiter hands us two cokes. I take a sip and I watch her do the same. “Sierra Rose.” She said suddenly.

“I’m sorry what?”

“Sierra Rose. That’s my name Niall.” Sierra looked at me with her brown eyes that turned golden, sparking when the rays of the setting sun shown over them.

“I…never told you my name.” Was all I managed to say.

She giggled—but not the flirty kind—I amused her, no doubt. “I think I’d know a Niall Horan from One Direction when I see him.”

“Oh.” I smile shyly. “Right.”

“So Niall.” She cleared her throat. “Are you going to prove me wrong—? My little theory on pop stars I mean.”

I chuckled and nodded. “I don’t think that would be a problem at all.”

Sierra Rose.

What a beautiful name.

(Liam’s POV)

“Please say something.” I said. Katia stood there for the longest ten seconds, just staring at me. There was no expression written on her face—She only stared.

The sun was setting now and the sky was orange-pink with touches of blue and purple. Despite all that, it wasn’t at all pretty. Not when I was stuck in a situation like this.

“What can I possibly say?” She began to frown.

“Do…Do you believe me?”

“I don’t know.” She replied. She folded her arms over her chest and huffed. “I mean I always figured that it was going to come up—He seemed pretty distant these passed few days.” She bit the bottom of her lip. “But I can’t just believe you because you said it. I’m going to have to talk to Gabriel.” Her eyes were starting to water up.

I was taken aback. “You don’t trust me?”

“I do Liam—You’ve never lied to me before. But I love Gabriel.”

“How can you love him after what I told you?” I paused. “And I thought you never believed in love!” This was unfair! I have never cheated on Katia—Not once since I met her and she left me to go with another guy? Now Gabriel comes in and she loves him even after she finds out he’s cheating on her!

“Liam I’m trying to be as composed as I possibly can okay?” Katia, I can tell, is on the verge of tears and frankly, I swear I was about to as well. “I’m hurt—Honestly I am. But I have to listen to his side first.”