Thirty

IVY

About ten minutes into my run, I hear a low growl coming from behind me. They are catching up quickly.

"Ivy, shift back." I hear Ron's voice in my head via the mate link. I stay silent and speed up, not giving him a chance to shift. Soon enough I come to a clearing. A beautiful crystal clear lake in the middle of it, trees surrounding the area, seemingly guarding it. I come to a halt and take in the beauty of it all, however, that was a mistake.

"Gotcha." Ron tackles my wolf to the ground, towering over me.

"Get off jackass!" I yell through our link. Ron barks at me, telling me to shift. I have no choice at this point.

"Shift. Now." Ron digs his claws into my shoulders.

"Let me change behind a tree. I have clothes around here somewhere. I think." I push on his chest.

"Fine. Don't even think about running. I'll just catch you." Ron hops off of me and watches me closely. The thing is, I don't have clothes around here. So what should I do? You guessed it. Run.

I go from tree to tree, pretending to look for clothes. When in reality I'm just getting closer to the path I came in on. Ron growls as I stand at the path. I look over my shoulder and look at him. If my wolf could smirk, she would be right now. Before Ron realizes what I'm doing, I take off. Running at top speed, I lose him by weaving through the trees, causing him to slow down and not run into them.

"IVY!" Ron growls through the mind link. I laugh at him. He's struggling to catch up because of the trees. If he could, he'd probably crash right through them. I slow down and start going on the path that I had made previously. Letting myself catch my breathe so I can run at top speed again. That is, when Ron frees himself from the trees. I laugh inwardly, imagining Ron getting confused and going the wrong way. I keep at a steady pace, allowing my wolf to take more control before Ron catches up.

"Boo." Ron's wolf appears behind me. My wolf trots straight towards him. She rubs her side against his and let's her tail hit him in the face. Ron sneezes in response. She's flirting with him and he was falling for it. I take control again and run. Ron is right behind me, snapping at my tail.

"Watch the tail!" I yell at him through the link, he growls in response. I break from the forest, picking up my clothes in my mouth as I turn quickly, catching Ron off guard. He dodges me, rolling on the ground as he barley misses me. I quickly run to a tree and shift back, changing as fast as supernaturally possible. Ron shifts and puts on boxers and shorts, leaving the shirt on the ground. I suddenly become aware of his god-like body all over again. He winks and I snap out of it. Sprinting to our house, passing confused warriors.

"You can't get away that easy!" Ron shouts at me. I look back to reply and get tackled by my still shirtless mate.

"What's with all the tackling?" I question him, he towers over me again. However, we are both in our 'human' form this time.

"What's with all the running?" Ron questions back. He's grinning from ear to ear. Glad that he finally caught me.

"Get off ya big brute." I push on his shoulders playfully. Joking with him. I'm honestly having fun with this. Forgetting about the man from before.

"I'm not a brute. I'm a werewolf." Ron leans down and bites my neck playfully.

"Ah! No! " I laugh, pushing his shoulders gently.

"I'm going to eat you!" Ron continues nipping my neck and ears.

"Stop it! That tickles!" I'm pushing him harder, I don't like being tickled. But I'll let him get away with it from time to time.