Eleven

IVY

"Take cover!" Someone shouts. A bomb whistles by where I'm hiding, exploding in the distance. I shield my eyes from the debris. I reload my gun and peak around the corner, seeing three men in the distance. I turn my head, looking for the signal to charge.

"Now!" Sam shouts, I run forward, shooting at anyone of the enemies I can see. Killing at least ten. I get down behind a boulder and see a down soldier. Another bomb is dropped a few meters from where I'm standing. I turn my body, shielding my front from the blast. It leaves my ears ringing and my body aching. I look down to see myself bleeding in two spots. It's either bullets or shrapnel.

"Go, get out of here!" Someone pushes me into direct fire. I feel a bullet pierce my chest and I fall to the ground in agony.

I'm jolted awake. My heart racing. Ron's arm was draped across my hips. I looked at the clock next to the bed. It's 5:00 in the morning.........fuck. That means I got at least 6 hours of sleep or less.

"Hey, you alright?" Ron asks as he moves his head to face me.

"Hmm? Oh yeah I'm okay. I just need to pee. Can you move your-" Ron moves his arm before I can finish. "Yeah that. Thanks." I stand up and go to the bathroom. When I open the door, I see that Ron is passed out. I decide to go and make some breakfast and check my pulse in the kitchen. As I make my way down I run into Harry.

"Oh! Why are you up Luna?" He asks curiously. I think of a random and most plausible reason.

"Just getting some water." I reply.

"Okay, goodnight." He says as he goes back up.

"Night." I say back. When I enter the kitchen my doctor is already there.

"Tell me why you summon me so early?" She asks me yawning.

"It's happening again." Is all I say and her face becomes grim.

"Sit down." She orders me simply. We've been through this many times before. All due to my PTSD from when I served.

"No needle?" I ask hopeful. She gives a look and takes out a needle. "Ah, you best stay away."

"Shut up this is for your own good." She says as she uses her magic to freeze me and draw blood from my arm.

"It hurts every time you do it." I say quietly.

"It's because you tense your arm every time. Ever thought that it might be you causing yourself pain? Not me?" She asks annoyed with my ever lasting phobia of needled. Trypanophobia....

(A/N: I actually have this. I am so afraid that I can't bee anywhere near a needle. Even when it's for someone else.)

She takes my blood pressure and checks my heart rate. She looks at the results on her laptop and a grim look crosses her face.

"What's wrong?" I ask her.

"Your heart rate is higher and so is your blood pressure. Your PTSD is gradually getting worse. This could prove disastrous for your mental health Ivy." She lets me look. It becomes dead silent. After a long pause she clears her throat and everything starts back up.

"Have you told him yet?" She asks.

"No, I'm not going to involve him. Its too risky. Even if his mother truly was an angel. That doesn't mean he possesses the powers of an archangel." I reply.

"How did you know my mother was an angel?" Ron asks as he steps out of the shadows.

"Go back to bed." My doctor spats. He growls in return. A vampire of nobility and an Alpha are never a good match.

"Go back to whatever grave you climbed out of." A voice answers. Ron growls and steps closer to me.

"I believe you are referencing zombies, your highness." She answers coldly. My eyes grow wide as he steps into the moonlight.

"Ivy." He says, gesturing to me.

"Why are you here?" I question him. I'm not happy about his sudden entrance.

"Ah, such anger you posses my dear sister." He sighs dramatically.

"Answer me. Now." I slam my fist on the table, a crack forms on the marble surface. My doctor jumps at the sound.

"Come now, is that any way to treat your twin?" Vince smiles. Yes, I will admit. I purposefully left him out. I also left out my biological mother. My brother chose to go with her when she decidedly left my dad for her kingdom. She asked Vince and I to go with her. I chose not too, he decided to go. We were only five. A few unbearable months later and the curse came to me alone. Vince however, left. So he didn't go through the pain I did. The fact that I rose above the curse proved that I was the stronger twin. So Mother decided that I was stronger and wanted me to rule the kingdom when she steps down. She usually sends Vince to ask me, but I've refused every time.

"Vince.....You know my answer already. Why do you bother coming?" I ask angrily.

'Is it wrong to want to see my other half?" He replies dramatically again.

"Yes, it is." I reply; my anger rising.

"Ah that's right. You still aren't a fan of her are you?" He realizes.

"No." I state my answer.

"She wants to meet your mate." He answers, the dramatic flare disappearing.

"What?" She wants to meet Ron?

"Maybe if you listen next time?" He answers as he hands Ron a piece of paper. "Make time for out dear mother please. She is a patient woman but you shouldn't push her limits." He turns to me again. "Please visit soon sister dear. Its been lonely all these years without you." He kisses my cheek lightly and disappears in a flash of light.

"Tell me how you knew." Ron seems to have forgotten that a Queen just invited him to her palace regarding his relationship with her daughter.

"That's all you can focus on right now Ron?" I ask.

"Tell me!" He shouts. He sounds more upset than angry.

"You reek." I say simply. He looks at me confused. "The scent of an archangel is easily detected by any kind of royalty." I sigh out.

"Don't even act like you aren't going to tell him about your PTSD. I will if you won't." My doctor finally speaks up. "Actually, I'll just tell him. You already have enough stress as it is."

"Wait-!" But she uses her magic to freeze me again.

"Ivy has severe PTSD. She developed it after she was rescued from her captors. She and two others were the only ones to escape. Its a long story look it up and never ask her about her service. You'll trigger her PTSD and I'm not getting woken up at 5:00 in the morning again." With these words she also disappears.

"Don't even look or talk to me if it's out of pity or sympathy. I have a lot of scars from my time when I was captured. I'll tell you what I can; only if you buy me a hell of a lot of chocolate. For now, I'm going to bed." I say and head up stairs. Ron follows and opens the door for me.

"Ivy...." He starts as I climb in bed.

"What." I ask impatiently. He climbs in the bed and pulls me so that I am facing his muscular chest. Once again, no shirt.

"Don't keep important shit from me again." Just when I think he's going to say something kind or a simply good night; he goes back to being cold.

"Go fuck yourself." I mumble as I rip myself from his grasp and scoot to the other end of the bed. However, he scoots closer and spoons me. I start to get sleepy around 5:40 and fall back to sleep within minutes.

THIS NOTE IS IMPORTANT:

HELLO. I SAW THAT MY BOOK HAS 1.1K READS. I JUST WANTED TO THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT AND LOVE. AS ALWAYS, THANK YOU AND READ ON!