One Day It Might Glow

Chapter 110

                Damon Salvatore was lounging on the couch in the main room. Sipping a little cocktail and then a little from a blood bag.

                The blood was a little sour –hence the cocktail- but he stomached it. He would need to go get more pretty soon. Or send one of the baby vamps to do it for him.

                "Do you have any class?" Stephen said as he walked down from the front hall.

                Damon didn't bother looking behind him when he answered, "Nope."

                Stephen came into view with his arms crossed over his chest and a contemplative look on his face. It was the look that usually meant Damon was going to get yelled at, but then again Stephen did tend to have that look on a lot.

                "Are you seriously going to sit here all night drinking that," Stephen gestured towards his hands.

                Damon shrugged, as much as he could lying down. "Don't have anything better to do."

                "Where is Elena?" Stephan asked.

                Damon rolled his eyes. Little brother trying to make sure his girlfriend is keeps him busy.

                "Worried about me?"

                Stephan snorted, "No, I am worried about whoever has to deal with you in 12 hours- Oh, right that's me."

                Damon set down his glass, nearly missing the table, "Elena is visiting someone a couple cities over."

                Then Damon stopped as he took in his brother's appearance.

He squinted at his brother, "What are you wearing?"

                "Are you so drunk you can't recognize a suit?"

                Damon glared at him and then put on a fake-cheery-voice, "Why are you wearing a suit, Stephan dear?"

                "I have a date," Stephen said as he grabbed the cocktail off the table and safely stowed it at a distance, "And I can't be worrying about you the entire time. Lay off the alcohol."

                Damon used his vampire speed to cross the room in a heartbeat and grab the glass before Stephan could set it down. He downed it in a single gulp. Then he presented the empty glass to his brother.

                "Yes, Mom."

                Stephan sighed and shook his head, "Fine, do whatever you want. I am leaving."

                When he heard Stephen's car start up and pull out of the drive, Damon exercised his jaw. What was he going to do? That was always the dilemma with living forever. What to do.

                He glanced down at the glass in his hand. He could drop it. Smash it with a hammer. Or just throw it. He knew exactly what the shattered glass would look like, but the sound would be interesting.

                But Elena really hated cleaning up shattered glass, so he left the glass on the table and wandered through the halls of his house.

                The Salvatore mansion was huge. But again, immortality had a way of making big things seem small. Without really thinking, he went into the library. It was dusty. Libraries always seemed to be. Since the room was near the center of the house and didn't have any windows, everything was relatively intact despite all the years of attacks on the house. Damon supposed that their enemies held a fondness for reading.