Time and Relative Dimension in Space

Chapter 101

    Everyone toppled inside the police box in a pile of breathless bodies. Percy slammed the doors shut behind them and leaned against the doors in relief, an ecstatic and slightly mad grin on his face.

    Percy didn't know what he had imagined or planned to see inside the blue box. It had really just been a complete stab in the dark. Percy recognized the sound from Annabeth's ringtone and the two dozen times he asked what it was. The box he had found inside the barn was no bigger than an old telephone booth. But inside . . .

    It was huge.

Percy pushed off of the door and stepped over Militum who was sprawled on the floor next to him. Everyone was completely spellbound by the sight before them. 

    The whole room was bigger than his cabin and glowed with gold and orange light. They were standing just in front of a ramp that led up to a raised platform with a large roundish console in the middle of the room.    

Percy walked up the ramp and onto the platform. A huge sort of clear pipe thing went up to the ceiling. The console surrounding it was covered in all sorts of levers and other controls. Other ramps and stairs connected the platform to other parts of the room with corridors leading off in different directions. The floor of the platform was made of some sort of glass that showed off the bronze colored metal structure that held it up. Percy had always thought pictures of it looked dorky and weird, but it was actually way cooler than he had imagined.

    "I never thought this was real," Percy whispered.

    At that moment a huge glass thing inside the clear pipe started to bob up and down. The noise he had heard before filled the room, the same noise on Annabeth's phone. The floor tilted a bit and Percy stumbled forward, catching himself on the console. Soon the movement and the noise stopped as the ship (?) or whatever it was, righted itself.

    Percy looked back at his friends.

    Militum had rolled into a crouch and was staring at the room around them with his mouth hanging open.  John braced himself against the door and Lorem looked sick to her stomach.  Sherlock had pressed himself between part of the wall and the railing where he looked like he was hyperventilating.

This was a spaceship. At least it was if he was remembering correctly. He couldn't help the excitement that bubbled up inside him. He was in a space ship! Percy looked between the door and the console. If this was a spaceship and that noise was the landing/takeoff thing . . .

Percy couldn't help but grin as he ran back down the ramp to the door.

    "No!" Militum reached out to stop him but Percy evaded his hand.

    Percy flung open one of the doors and his breath caught.

    The barn was gone. The woman's house was gone. The whole planet was gone.

    Percy was looking out at darkness and stars. Glittering lights and cosmos shone in the space beyond all of it just out there for him to see.

    "WE ARE IN SPACE!!!!" Percy laughed as he clutched onto the door frame and moved out of the way so that everyone could see.

    John paled and Militum smiled. Militum's breath caught and he joined Percy by the door to look out at the stars.

    "Oh, it's so beautiful," he turned to Percy and grinned.

    "Where the hell are we?" John asked, "Where did the barn go? And –and how is this so big?!"

    "Dude! We are in space and you are worried about a barn?!" Percy laughed into the space outside the door. he looked back at John and grinned, "This is . . . it's called the Dentis?" Percy frowned, "No that's not right. I am thinking of the dentist. The Bardis, Cardis, Cardiff –wait no that's a city."