Robot Kidnappers

Chapter 47

He didn't understand what had happened. Everything had just seemed to go fuzzy. Percy was sure that something was wrong, but he could only float through the space that he was inhabiting.

"Who is he?" he heard a voice say not far from him.

"No one knows," said another voice, "I don't remember him." there was silence. Percy couldn't see, he couldn't move, and he couldn't seem to remember what had happened.

"Is he with them?" another voice asked.

"Wicked?" the person responded.

"Yea,"

"I don't know-"

"Well we must assume so!" said the first voice.

"No, we can't assume anything," Percy decided that the voices were all male, "First a girl arrives and now this?" Percy could feel the heat in the room. It made everything feel close. "Take off his blind fold." The boy commanded.

A piece of cloth was ripped away from his face. Percy squinted as light bit into his eyes. A group of boys were around him. Even with his vision restored he couldn't speak, why couldn't he speak?

"Do' he look like anyone you know?" asked one of the boys. Percy could see them shake their heads. There was silence as they stood around him. Slowly he began to see details of the different boys. Percy could see four of them around him. One of them was obviously Galley. The other three Percy didn't recognize, but one was Asian colored and another was dark skinned.

"What do we do with him?" asked a boy that was neither of the three he had previously set apart. There was more silence. Percy then heard a door scrape open. All of the boys turned to look at who entered.

"So?" the new person asked, "who is it?" Percy recognized the voice as Newt. Had they kidnapped him after he passed out?

"Your guess is as good as mine," said the Asian kid. They all returned to looking at Percy.

For no apparent reason, the restraints on his ability to move disappeared. Percy gasped and they sucked in a gulp full of oxygen. All of the boys stepped back hastily. In that moment he became aware of the rope around his wrists that connected him to the floor of the room that they were in somehow.

"Seriously?!" Percy exclaimed at them, "Ropes?!" he looked up at their stunned faces, "Do you know how many times I have had to go through this recently??!" they all stared at him dumb founded. Percy y gave a good yank at his restraints and they held.

"Who are you?" asked Newt. Percy sighed.

"Do you want the long version or the short version?" he asked them.

******************

Two days later

Percy resorted to banging on the stone walls, not that anyone could hear him. The sky was completely dark, making seeing anything down the maze corridor as creepy as heck. Percy could not hear anything from the inside of the Glade because of how tall the walls were.

The only thing that gave him hope was the fact that two of the other boys had recently lived through the night in the maze. Percy hoped that his luck held. If not, he was dead griever meat. He could feel sweat beginning to form all over him. Groaning sounds echoed from the darkness. Percy knew that his chances of making it out of this one were slim.

What worried him most was the wall that separated him from Lorem. They were supposed to leave tonight and now . . . he was stuck. Percy searched the walls for something to help him. He remembered the two survivors talking about climbing the vines. He hadn't done any arm workouts in a while, he hoped that his arms wouldn't give under pressure.