Two Wives

Chapter 108

                Percy rushed to Lorem's side. She was sprawled on the ground just before the ramp up to the console. He pressed two fingers to her neck. She seemed to be alive but wasn't conscious.

                He had to get these cuffs off of her.

                Carefully he tried to cut the chain with Riptide but it didn't make a dent.

                "I need something stronger," Percy said in frustration.

                "What in the world is going on?"

                Percy glanced up to see Amy and Rory walk into the Console room.

                The man in the suit seemed to be the only one who had been listening to Percy because in two beats he was racing around the console and down underneath it. When he came back he had a couple tools which he handed to Percy.

Percy gave him a look of thanks and after a quick tutorial of how to use them, he carefully tried to break the silver cuffs. But no matter how hard he tried the metal held.

Percy let out a cry of anguish and threw one of the tools across the console, nearly missing Rory's head.

His heart was beating so fast he could hardly breathe. Percy crumbled in on himself. His eyes burned and he covered his face with a hand.

He couldn't lose both of them.

Percy couldn't do this without them.

The door to the Tardis opened and the Doctor came in followed by the blond haired woman. Percy rubbed at his eyes as he twisted towards the Doctor.

                "Doctor," Percy pled, "you have to have something to get these cuffs off."

                "Doctor?" the handsome man in the trench coat frowned.

                "Have you all been crying?" Amy asked.

                Percy frowned as he noticed that almost everyone had tears on their faces. He knew why he was upset, but what was their problem?

                The Doctor cleared his throat and pointed at her, "Later Amy,"

                "Who are all these people?" Rory asked.

                "Later Rory," the Doctor said, "I need all Ponds to be quiet and I need River to move the Tardis to a different location."

                "Wait what about Militum?" John asked.

                Percy's stomach clenched.

                He was suddenly acutely aware of a gaping hole in his chest.

                Everyone turned towards him and he tried to avoid their eyes. Did they suddenly realize he was a coward? Did they suddenly know that he had done what he had sworn not to –and left a friend behind to die?

                Charles Beckendorf's face flashed in his mind and he flinched.

Percy swallowed hard.

When he didn't respond John took a step forward.

"Where is he?" John asked.

                Percy couldn't look at him as he whispered, "He kept them back while we escaped." Percy bit his lip to keep the emotions in check.