Fall Out- Boy we are in trouble.

Chapter 53

"Well this is nice," Percy said with his mouth full of his Subway foot long spicy Italian. Keeli rolled her eyes at him before biting into her own six inch ham sandwich. She, Lily, Kyle, and Percy were sprawled out on a blanket in the middle of Mission Grove Park. It was mostly deserted because of the humid weather but with the cool breeze off the water it made it manageable. Her hair was still damp from her shower that she had taken before leaving Lily's house to go to Subway.

"Yea, we used to come here as kids," Kyle spoke up, his mouth thankfully empty of sandwich, he pointed towards the dilapidated swing set on the left of them, "I remember Keeli pushed me off the swing the first time we had a play date."

"I remember that!" Lily exclaimed with wide eyes. Percy smiled at their excitement.

"You fell, I didn't do anything," Keeli said innocently even though her red face told otherwise.

"Yea, and a mountain lion doesn't eat," Kyle said. Suddenly everyone stopped and looked at him.

"What?" they said in unison. Frustrated, Kyle wiped the air with his hand to clear the thought.

"Did you go anywhere as a kid Percy?" Lily asked. Keeli looked at Percy, wondering what his answer would be. He thought on it a moment while he chewed and then swallowed before answering.

"Well, my mom liked to bring me to this park-"

"Central Park?" Kyle asked. Percy rolled his eyes.

"No, it was Bryant Park," Percy said muttering to himself about ignorant mortals, Keeli chuckled, "Anyway, if you have never been there it is a nice park with a little café and chairs with lots of tree coverage. My mom used to take me there and get ice cream cones." Percy smiled at the memory, obviously lost in thought, she tried not to think about how there was a possibility that his mom may never see him again. "It was nothing special, but I loved going there with my mom."

"That's sweet," Lily said.

"Literally," Kyle said chuckling to himself. Percy cracked a wry grin at Kyle. She couldn't believe that Percy was almost finished with his sub. "So, what do you want to do Percy? We have the rest of the day to kill."

"I was thinking about just walking around the down town area, some of those shops look pretty cool," Percy said.

"Oh there is this really nice boutique I wanted to try out," Lilly said.

"There's this antique's store that has a few old swords and other guns and stuff, we should check it out," Kyle offered. Percy looked at Keeli.

"Want to go?" he asked. She felt honored that he would look to her, ask her what he thought.

"Let's go," she said.

***************************

"What do you think?" Percy said as he flung a puffy pink boa over his shoulder and made a duck face. Keeli couldn't help but burst out laughing.

"I think that you would make a sporting model," Keeli teased, in response Percy continued making the duck face while pretending to strut down a runway. She hit him playfully on the shoulder. They were in Flora's Boutique and Gift Shop down town. Lily had run into the dressing room to try on a fifty dollar top and Kyle was looking at some of the knives that were displayed in a case below the cash register. Keeli and Percy on the other hand were goofing around as much as they could.

Keeli could have never imagined what it would be like hanging out with someone she had only read about. But without all of the powers and mysterious portals, she was surprised to find out that he was like any normal guy except twenty times hotter and 99% less of a jerk which was a total plus. Kyle had been her only guy friend for the longest time, and most of that came with the territory of being a twin. But most guys at her school were never this kind, this authentic, this good. Why did Percy have to be from another realm?