JUST THROW ME IN THE LAKE

Chapter 88

    Militum was still in a boat load of pain. He could feel his pulse racing, and every nerve in his body catch on fire. But the longer the dark emerge bounced around inside of him, his body was automatically cutting down and turning into his own source of energy.

    "You are such an idiot, Jackson," Militum said. His head swam with pain and nausea.

    Percy tried to hide a shudder of pain.

    "Can't let you have all the fun," Percy said between his panting breaths. Before Militum could reply the boy groaned in pain.

    "You need help," Militum said.

    "Someone give the guy an award," Percy said before groaning again.

    "You are going to die without medical attention," Militum said.

    "Yea, you are right," Percy grimaced, "Let me just drag myself to the nearest hospital."

    "Lorem is not coming back, Percy," Militum said, swallowing the lump in his throat.

    "What are you talking about?"

    "Remember how I found you two all those times?" Militum asked.

    "Not sure I could forget," Percy said.

    "I can feel the presence of powerful beings," Militum said, "And she was just taken onto a ship with the powerful guy you were fighting."

    Percy began laughing darkly.

    "You could tell where she was this whole time?" Percy said, "Did you want to keep that to yourself in case she ran off?" Percy laughed harder, "Are you afraid she just did?"

    "I don't think so," Militum said breathlessly.

    "Why is that?" Percy said.

    "Because you are still here."

    Percy was silent for a moment before cursing in Greek.

    "She was captured?!"

    Militum didn't respond. He let his eyes close so that he could try and rest a moment longer.

    "gods!" Percy yelled, "Didn't we already do this?!" Percy spit out some of the dirt that had come into his mouth from lying on his belly on the ground.

    "Last time," Militum recounted, "We didn't have powers, but at least we could stand."

    "I swear, when we find this master guy or whatever I am going to kill him," Percy said.

    "I'll give you a hand," Militum said.

    Before Percy could respond, Militum's eyes flew open as a robotic whir met his ears. Turning his head towards the sound, he saw a white and orange ball like droid race past them.

    "Wait!" Militum called, "Help us, please!"

    The droid was already gone. Militum cursed.

    "Militum," Percy mumbled in awe, "you used the 'P' word." Percy faked a gasp.

    "If you want this dark energy back, then you should keep talking, Jackson," Militum warned. Percy chuckled.

    Suddenly the whir returned and the droid appeared beside him.

    "Oh thank the gods," Percy said.

    The droid made a series of clicks and other noises.

    "Get help for us and a stretcher," Militum said to the robot, hoping desperately that it would understand what he was saying.