Lets Talk

Deans hands ran through thick dark hair, his back pressing against the wall as his head hung forward to glance at Castiel, who was resting his head on the boys lap. "Dean." Cas' voice was soft, serious and so out of it that it made Dean look up from his phone. "Yeah?" His green eyes flickered to his hand stoping momentarily on Cas' locks of hair.

"Do you ever feel... sad sometimes? Without reason? Kind of like you're empty but you feel... fine." Castiel shifted slightly and brought his hand up to clench Deans thigh without realizing their boundaries set in place. "No, not really... i don't really feel emotions that way, you know that." Dean explained, his hand continuing to run though the boys hair without a hitch.

"Well, i do." Cas sighed loudly and felt his cheek press deeper into his best friends thigh, "i feel empty sometimes. Like i get waves of emotions for no reason. I don't really like it, but i cant help but want to cry sometimes." He felt his eyes burn at the lack of tears falling as he spoke.

He never knew why, but he liked it when Dean saw him cry. He wanted the boy to know he was upset. Almost like it would change anything between them. A simple hug, or moments like these where rare for Castiel, and he loved them to the point where he felt like he needed this to be happy.

"Why are you telling me this?" Dean questioned, confusion swarming his green eyes as he dropped his phone to the ground and looked at his best friend like an alien. "Im sorry." Cas apologized and tried to cover his face, wanting to force tears down his eyes discretely. "Dude, why are you saying sorry? And why are you acting like this?" He removed his hand from Cas' hair and tried to figure it out himself.

"I know you're not the emotional type, I'm sorry." Cas apologized again and dragged his hand down his face, revealing blushed cheeks and small tears brimming his eyes. Please hold me he thought as he glanced at Dean shortly.

But Dean didn't move, he only stiffened and went back to his phone without a thought in mind. "Don't be upset, it'll be alright." He said, but the comfort was never enough for Cas.