His Wings

im brinGing bAck my requests from my last book yO

Request for @FandomsUnited_Always
__________

Castiel POV

I slid my trench coat down, a small sigh escaping my lips as i heard it plop to the ground. I kept my shirt on, not really amused in the idea of someone walking in on me while i could be half nude. "Hey Cas?" I heard a knock at the door and i sighed slightly as i opened it to see Sam with a small questioning look. "We got a case, wanna come?"

I thought for a moment as i looked down at my shoes, my head rocking sideways slightly. "No, i think i would rather stay here, thank you." I attempted to close the door, but was stopped with a strong hand. "Hey wait, whats that?" I hummed a question as i turned my head to see my wings sagging against the floor. "Oh just wings." I closed the door, but Sam once again pushed it back open.

"I thought they where.. Invisible?" He questioned slightly as i shrugged to myself. "I can make them 'disappear' so to speak, but its too much work...and i feel like its about time you and your brother have seen them." I sighed slightly as i looked around him slightly, bringing my eyes to his for a second. "Okay, well like i said, we have a case, we should be back in a week tops. Behave and keep the bunker safe." He gave me a quick hug and left soon after, a small smile on my lips.

___________

The past week has been great, my wings have been free and dragging almost everywhere, which didn't bother me as much as it should. It was relieving to finally keep them at rest from my 'powers'.

I hummed slightly as i walked around the rooms, inspecting everything slightly for a precaution, my wings knocking small things over once in a while.

I walked through the whole bunker, grabbing a book or two to read as i sat down on the table with a puzzled expression. "The Secret Life Of Angels?" I scoffed slightly as i opened the book and read the first page in astonishment, the first page utterly false. "'Angels are known for their white wings and halos, each one guarding god from the evil in the world.'? What garbage." I shut the book and slid it across the table, reaching for another one with a black ripped cover.

I was nearly engulfed in it as i turned each page with eagerness to finish it soon. A sudden knock grabbed my attention as the bunker door swung open. I looked up and saw Dean enter first, face cut around his forehead as he walked down the spiral staircase. "Dean, are you alright?" I asked setting the book down as i stood up and saw Sam enter afterwards, his face equally damaged. "Vampires? Total d-bags." Dean breathed out as he slumped himself against a chair, throwing his things against the table.

"Do you need my help?" I asked reaching over to tap his forehead, but he restrained slightly. "What is that?" He narrowed his eyes as i took a step back, my head turning back to see my wings inching up slightly. "Oh just wings, now stay still." I reached over again and pressed my fingers against his temple, a small hiss slipping out as his wounds repaired.

I patched up Sam next, a small jolt in my base causing me to jump slightly. I turned to see Dean picking up my wing, the feathers resting against his palms. "So there like arms?" He asked bouncing it up and down slightly with a smile.

I rolled my eyes and continued to face Sam, my fingers pressing against his temple as his cuts burned a bright blue. "Thanks Cas." He smiled slightly as i nodded and turned around, yanking my wings behind me. "Hey i was looking at those." "And now your not." I turned, grabbed my book before walked away, heading for my room to continue my reading.

I felt the feathers brush against the flooring, probably carrying dust and dirt as the house was a mess. "I might as well be a broom." I sighed picking up my wings to shake the dust off before entering my room. "Hey Cas?" I set my book down on my night stand and turned my head to see Dean at the door, his hands crossed over his chest. "Yes?" "Can i see your wings again?" "You are looking at them right now." "You know what i mean."

I smiled softly as i turned around completely and walked over to Dean with a huff before turning around. I extended my wings and waited for his mark. "This isn't painful.. Right?" He questioned as i shook my head and looked down at my socks pressed against the carpet.

A warmth surrounded my base and i sighed out at the sudden temperature change, my room always colder than the bunker. "There softer than they look.." He admitted as i shrugged as raised them slightly, not really bothered by the touches. "Has Sam seen them?" "Seen? Yes. Touch? No." I rocked against my heel as i patiently waited for him to become less interested. "Whys that?" "It was early and there wasn't time, he didn't ask either."

He ran his hand up and followed the bone out to the tip of the feather, a small shiver running down my spine. "There neat." Dean admitted with a strong sigh as i turned around and looked around awkwardly, his hand slowly going back to his sides. "Thanks.."

He looked around slowly and popped his lips. "So, I'm going back to the kitchen to grab a few beers.. You want in?" He asked with a small nervous smirk as i agreed quietly by walking past him and to the kitchen.

Didn't he know i couldn't taste beer?