Ch 20 - Second Commander

Well everyone I'm happy that everyone likes where this is going. Tell you what. Let's get this out of the way now. Vote for what gender of the baby. Only one this time around.

So Rias is getting it together and and what's rolling through her head? Akeno is waiting as you're having lunch with Issei and the two semi crazies.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

Rias looked again to make sure. No way she was getting out of this one. The positive plus sign was 5-5 as she put them in a plastic bag and sat on the sink counter to think.

I'm pregnant. How could this happen? I mean I know how it happened but what's he going to think? The girls? Does this mean Akeno or someone tries to make a game out of this? Does Kiba get his crush pregnant and I have to deal with Sitri? No! Get it together. Easy now. Calm down. You are Rias Gremory. You can get a grip and find a way forward.

As far as her concern goes she was afraid. She thought about motherhood and married life but it seemed rather soon. And unlike other girls she didn't want or need a baby as soon as absolutely possible. (Not just Xenovia but other girls like Mizore Shirayuki.) This was going to be a battle.

Rias takes a deep breath and with the coast still clear walks back to her office. Akeno is waiting and she's almost as nervous.

"Lady Rias."

"Akeno."

"We're best friends right?"

"Always."

"I'm pregnant."

Akeno smiled. Then she hugged her sear friend. "Congrats. Come here you."

Rias hugged her back as tears fell from her face. The feeling of happy, scared, and so much else got to her. The hug felt very warm as she smiled.

"Thank you. For now it's just between us."

"Okay. You feeling alright?"

"I'm swamped with emotions."

"I understand. I am second in command. You want to stay here or turn to your room for a while?"

"I'm going to try and get some rest. I have some notes on my desk about (FN), other requests, and other business matters. Any questions feel free. You are the only one who has authority to barge in until I'm ready."

"Got it. You rest and I'll assemble everything for a lunch meeting."

"Thank you Akeno."

Akeno walks down the stairs to overhear where you left off in the kitchen. Except lunch was being served and anything was running smoothly.

"Hello everyone." She greeted.

"Look what they did to me." Issei pouted at the table. He was wearing head protection as you laughed next to him.

"Ummm why is Issei wearing a helmet?" She pondered.

"Two reasons. Number one Asia in the kitchen. Two he ordered the soup."

"I'll politely ignore that. Listen up. Rias has gone to bed ill and being second in command I'm getting everything set up until further noticed."

"She okay." Your head down.

"Just needs rest. She doesn't want to be disturbed."

"I understand. I'll try to get it out of my head. Alright what do you got for me?"