The One With 24 Missed Classes

Katy's POV

It was 10:03 and I was just getting to school. You'd think with my parents being teachers I'd show up to school on time. I walked into the classroom and all eyes were on me.

"Katy, you showed up," Mr. Bereta, my Uncle Joe, said. I walked over to my seat. Olivia turned to me.

"Kat, where were you?" Livy asked. I shrugged.

"Doesn't matter, I'm here now," I mumbled opening up my blank notebook.

"Katy, can I speak to you outside?" Uncle Joe asked. I sighed and got up, leaving the classroom.

"Hey Uncle Joe," I said as soon as we were alone. He rolled his eyes.

"Katy, you've missed 24 classes, and we've only had about 35 classes. If you don't do something to raise your mark up, you're going to fail," Uncle Joe told me. I nodded.

"Well, what do you want me to do?" I asked.

"Write about something at this school," Uncle Joe said. I sighed and nodded.

"Okay, I'm sorry Uncle Joe," I told him.

"Why were you late?" Uncle Joe asked. I gulped. I didn't want to tell him where I was. "Tell me the truth Katy."

"I was with Stephanie," I said. Uncle Joe looked at me.

"Is everything okay?" He asked. I nodded before I turned back to the classroom.

"Look, I'll write the story, but I can't promise that I'll be in class," I said. He nodded and we went back into the classroom. I went back to my desk, which was next to Olivia and Keith.

"Okay class, just work on your homework for the next fifteen-ish minutes!" Uncle Joe told the class. I sighed and put my head in my hands. I had no idea what I was going to write.

"Livy, can I borrow a pencil?" Anthony asked. Olivia nodded and gave him a pencil. When their hands touched Livy looked away and blushed. I smiled.

"I know what I'm going to write about!" I said to myself.

"And what are you going to write about?" Keith, my best dude friend, asked looking up from his notebook.

"Anlivia!" I whispered to him so Olivia and Anthony didn't hear us. He smiled and gave me a high five.

"Brilliant!" Keith said with a smile. I chuckled and the bell rang. We headed our own ways.

Shayla's POV

Somehow I got stuck in the guys gym class. I don't know why, maybe it's because me and my twin brother have similar names. Shayne Topp and Shayla Topp. Very close.

"Shay, you ready for the soccer game?" Anthony, my best friend other than Mari, asked as he ran up to me. I turned to him and smiled.

"Only if you're ready for this," I said as I grabbed his gym bag and started to run. Anthony ran after me.

"Shay, I need my bag back!" Anthony said as I ran away from him. He tackled me and I went flying into the bag of soccer balls.

"Mr. Padilla and Ms. Topp, detention!" Mr. Peabody yelled at us. I sighed and stood up. Mr. Peabody glared at me until I gave Anthony his bag back.

"Detention, yay!" I said rolling my eyes. Anthony laughed. "Looks like you can't hang out with your girlfriend!" I said snickering.

"Same to you," He said making me blush.

"Shut up!" I said smacking him on the arm.

"Ms. Topp! Office!" Mr. Peabody yelled at me. I rolled my eyes.

"Haha!" Anthony snickered playfully at me. Mr. Peabody rolled his eyes.

"Okay, both you lovebirds can go to the office," Mr. Peabody said. Both Anthony and I went to the office.

"Lovebirds, does he not know I'm gay?" I asked Anthony quietly. He shrugged. We walked by Olivia's art class. Anthony stared at her until I pushed him down the hall. "I don't think she's ever noticed you in that way." Anthony sighed.

"How do I get her to notice me?" Anthony asked. I smiled.

"We date," I said. He looked at me confused. "You make Olivia jealous and I make my crush jealous."

"Who's your crush?" Anthony asked. I sighed.

"Mari," I whispered. He smiled. Anthony was the only person I told about me being gay. My parents and everyone else wouldn't understand it. I'm from a pretty plain family, mom, dad, brother, and a dog. They are all normal. Dad's a lawyer, Mom's a nurse, and my brother's the quarterback on the football team. Meanwhile, I'm a gay, sporty, high schooler.

"That's so cute!" Anthony said giving me a hug. Mr. Bereta came out of his classroom with Katy, his niece.

"What's going on here?" Mr. Bereta asked raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing, just going to the office," I said grabbing Anthony's hand and dragging him to the office with me. Katy gave us a look as we walked to the office.