Bonus Chapter: Flashback Two

Excuse any mistakes.

Los Angeles, California

———————

   Sixteen year old Iman watched in a bore as his Calculus teacher, Mr. Gravel, wrote an equation in the board. He was enrolled in a prep school much to his dislike. Iman was by no means a teacher's pet or favorite. He was very rebellious, telling the teachers off or not holding up to uniform rules. He really hated the uniforms, a simple white button down with black trousers. The rules were that you had to look professional with your shirt tucked, black dress shoes and a brown/black belt only. Iman never had his shirt tucked in and didn't wear a belt so his trousers was sagging just a tad bit.

He was quiet mostly until someone said something to him. Tapping his pencil on the table, he looked over seeing his girl Layla writing down the problem on the board. He bit his lip, remembering the events that took place last night at her house. Of course her mom was at work so Iman went over and they immediately went at it.

     Although Iman was a rebel, he was definitely a lover boy. Layla had his heart and no one could replace her. At least right now. He discreetly reached over and squeezed her exposed thigh. It was the best part about the uniforms because the girls had to wear skirts.

Layla smirked at him, and removed his hands. She motioned for him to pay attention, but he wasn't having it. "Stop being mannish, and focus on the work." Layla whispered.

    "Help me." He pouted, moving his desk closer to hers.

Layla groaned causing Iman to chuckle. "You know you wanna help me."

       "She don't." One of her friends, Tatiyana, said from behind her. Iman turned to look at her and flipped her off. The two had a stareoff before Layla turned his face towards her.

"Iman behave."

     "That's your hoe ass friend speaking when nobody talkin' to her ass." He glared at Tatiyana before moving his desk back. Iman and Tatiyana didn't get along. Mostly because Iman felt like Tatiyana was jealous. He knew she had a crush on him because she tried to sleep with him so many times. It was his fault though because he slept with her before he got with Layla. If he knew they were friends, he would've never done it.

"I wasn't a hoe when.." Tatiyana paused causing Iman to glare at her. "Mhmmm, figured that would get your attention."

    "Bitch." He mumbled to himself. He took out his phone and headphones, putting the ear buds into his ear. He scrolled through his music, and pressed The Game since it was his favorite rapper. The song he chose was My Flag and it blasted through the ear buds. Layla looked at him and he bobbed his head with a smirk on his face.

She pointed towards the front and looked to see Mr. Gravel calling out his name. Iman turned up the volume as far it would go. He started rapping the lyrics out loud and Mr. Gravel started walking towards him. He reached to grab Iman's ear buds, but Iman grabbed his arm.

      "Don't touch my shit." He took the ear buds out of his ear.

"Mr. Valentine." Mr. Gravel called out and Iman reluctantly looked at him. "Want to solve this?"

     "Nah," Iman shook his head. "I'm good."

The class snickered and giggled at his response which didn't sit well with Mr. Gravel. "Well, it wasn't a question."