Kamari Rashaun Valentine

————————

"Uno!" Auntie D slapped her last card down.

"Get her Iman." Dad said.

"Don't worry, Pops." He nodded causing Auntie D to smack her lips. I chuckled, throwing down a green two. Ascaria threw a draw four on the table making mom glare at her.

"Pick them four cards up girly." Scarlett batted her eyelashes, and threw a draw four on the stack as well. "You too, Ry."

  "No maaaaam." She said dramatically, throwing out a draw four. Dad smacked his lips causing us to laugh. He mumbled something under his breath and picked up the eight cards. Iman then played a draw two causing Auntie D to draw two cards. Ascaria put down like three cards at one time causing everyone to go in an uproar.

"What? They the same card!" Ascaria stood up.

  "We ain't playin' stack!" My dad yelled. "You tryna change the game mid game. Black folks I tell you."

"And you tryna cheat!" Ryan yelled. "Where the rest of your cards daddy?"

  "Huh? I ain't got no more cards baybeh.."

Scarlett got up and walked around the table to where he was sitting. "Get up daddy."

  "For what??"

"Khari, you motherfucker! Sittin' on them damn cards." Auntie D shook her head.

   "I ain't sittin' on no cards, dammit." He folded his arms. Scarlett pushed him just enough to reveal the deck of cards that was under him. Iman and I laughed at him. He always cheated when we played any game. I thought I sucked in everything, but he was just a full blown cheater and didn't care either.

"Mari!" I looked down to see the twins looking at me.

  "Which one is which?" I tapped my chin.

"I Chloe." One of them pointed to themselves.

"And I Claire." The other one said.

"Stop. It's the other way around." Kyrie said, shaking his head and picking up Claire.

"Your go, Mari." Ascaria said pulling my focus back towards the table. I looked at my hand then back at the stack.

"Uno out." I said, placing the card down and getting up. Everybody smacked their lips making me grin. Everyone was so worried about Auntie D so I just stayed quiet.

"Bruh didn't even say Uno!" Iman yelled.

I shrugged, going into to where Farrah was playing with Chloe. I leaned against the wall and watched her interact with her. She was very good with kids. Her little cousins, nieces, and nephews adored her. I wanted to give her the family she wanted. She looked up at me and smiled. "She's so adorable."

"Mhmm. That's how they get you." I smirked.

"She know my name, you don't." Chloe stuck out her tongue. I tickled her causing her to giggle uncontrollably. "Ok, ok. I sorry." She said in between her laughs.

I put her down and she ran to meddle with someone else. I took a seat beside Farrah and sighed. She linked her hands with mine and looked at me. "Don't wanna leave, huh?"

   "I really don't feel like I need to now. I'm feeling pretty good." I shrugged. I could feel her stare so I looked back at her. "What?"

"So, you're not gonna go?" She leaned her head back a little and looked at me.