Kamari Rashaun Valentine

Excuse any mistakes 😁

Detroit, Michigan
Next day

—————

Hi, this is Farrah. I'm not able to come to the phone right no—

Click.

I sighed, falling back on the bed and looked up at the ceiling. Farrah was ignoring my calls and I was honestly worried about her. For one, I loved her. Two, she was carrying my unborn child. I knew she was upset, rightfully so, but I needed to know if she was fine. She hadn't posted anything on her social media accounts and her family pretended like they hadn't heard from her. My next move would be to do a pop up.

In addition to all of that, it was two days left until the trade deadline was over and my name was in the middle of it. It had been rumors that Detroit would trade me to the Lakers which would make me happy. I'd be back home with my family and in my comfort zone. However, I didn't want to leave Michigan now because the mother of my child still resided here. I knew she wouldn't move with me now.

I sat up, moving towards the edge of the bed. Looking around the house, I shook my head at the silence. I wasn't used to this, at all. It was my fault, though. But, I was trying to take Iman's advice. I needed to not worry about Farrah and I's intimate relationship and focus on our parental relationship. I didn't want to miss anything regarding her pregnancy and the baby.

I let out a breath and got up to get dress. I needed to go for a run to get my mind off some things. It was after the All-star break and I needed to stay in shape for basketball. I was medically cleared to play again and I wanted to be ready for whatever team I was going to play on.

While getting dressed, I attempted to call Farrah again, but to no avail. I scrolled down my contacts, landing on my Dad's number and bit down on my jaw. If it was anybody I could talk to about this, it would be him. He would be the only one who would understand my situation. However, I knew mom told him about what happened and he probably wouldn't have shit to say to me. I shook my head, throwing my phone on the bed and finished getting dressed.

I put my hair in a bun and went into the bathroom to place some beard balm on my beard. It was the same balm that Farrah had given me. Looking in the mirror, I looked at someone I could recognize. The Kamari in Los Angeles was someone I didn't recognize. Stepping to my mom like that was out of line and I was too much of a coward to call and apologize. Not that she would accept it over the phone anyway.

Putting on my Adidas running jacket and placing my earphones in my ear, I went to my music and walked towards the door. As I grabbed my keys, my agent's name appeared on my screen. I immediately stopped and took the call.

"Wassup Brad?"

"Kamari." He greeted in an excited tone. "I have good news."

I sat back in my seat. "What is it?"

Brad cleared his throat. "Well, I've been informed that the Pistons have agreed to trade you to Oakland. You're going to be playing for the Warriors. It's not LA, but you're pretty damn close."

I was expecting him to say something different. That threw me off. "What? I thought they was talking with the Lakers?"

"Well, the Lakers didn't make a good offer. The Warriors made the better offer and you know this is a business. I'm sure you have liked to be as close to your family as possible, but your contract is up after this season. You didn't play well in the first half so you need to be on your A game. The league recognize your talent because it's there. They want to see you play like it." He explained.