Ascaria Isabelle Valentine

Los Angeles, California

—————————

  "Let me go, Vince." I gritted through my teeth, snatching away from him. I was at a Chinese restaurant getting some food for me, my mom, and my sister. Unfortunately, I ran into Casanova and I just wanted to flee. He was making it hard, though. He had a tight grip.

"Not until you tell me why you been ignoring me." He spun me around.

  "I know about you and Madison. I don't care. If you like her more then that's fine. You can have her, but I'm done with whatever we were doing." I turned back around and headed out of the restaurant. I sped walk to my car, pressing the unlock button.

"Ascaria!" He called out.

  "What?!" I turned and looked at him.

He caught up to me, out of breath. "Look, I'm sorry ok? It ain't what you think. She was pushing up on me."

"Vince, I don't care! Just leave me alone."

Again, he grabbed my arm and spun me around again. "Who you yellin' at?" He got into my face, and I blinked a few times. His whole demeanor had changed and I was quite frightened. "Answer me." His grip on my arm tightened, and I winced in pain.

  "Vince, let me go." I looked in his eyes to show that I wasn't scared of him even though I was internally.

He leaned against my car, and smirked at me. "You know.. my brother was beaten last week. Pretty bad." I looked at him, confused. This was out of the blue. I didn't know his brother and really didn't care about his brother getting beat up. "He had a real bad concussion and bruises and shit. Fucked me up."

  "Ok?"

Folding his arms, he cocked his head to the side. "He said he got jumped. You have a sister named Ryan, right?" My eyes grew wide and I couldn't hide the fear that was in my eyes now. "Cat got ya tongue?"

  "What does this have to do with me or her?" I asked.

He shook his head slowly with a smirk I wanted to knock off his face. "Oh, Ascaria. Don't be so naïve. Ryan is your sister. My brother got jumped by your pops and brothers. I don't like the condition he in."

  "He hurt my sister." I said, getting defensive. "Your piece of a shit brother got what he deserved."

"Watch your mouth."

  I stood up straight and got into his face. "Or what?" I lifted up my eyebrow, daring him to try something. He looked at me, biting down on his teeth. "I thought so."

Abruptly, he put his arms around my neck and gave it a death squeeze. I gasped for air, grabbing his arms trying to turn it loose. "You think you tough, huh? I'd beat the fuck outta you, Ascaria. Try me. Now, if you don't want ya folks to go to jail, I suggest you play by my rules. Spoiled ass brat." He spoke low, and cold.

  "Ascaria?" I heard someone call my name and he immediately let go. "What the fuck?" I knew the voice was Iman even though I was rubbing my neck trying to ease the pain.

"It's all good, brother. We just talking." Vince said.

  "I don't give a shit. Why the fuck you so close?" Iman appeared in front of us and I saw some girl, who I didn't recognize behind him. I looked back at him and he was in the face of Vince. He glanced at me, squinting his eyes. "You good?"

"I'm fine, Iman." I spoke quickly.

  Vince held up his hands. "I'm just tryna be a good friend and warn her about her girl Madison. She evil." He looked at me. "And jealous."

"Aight, you said what you had to say. Leave."

  "Yes sir." Vince nodded and walked off, not before giving me one last look. Once he was gone, Iman looked at me again.

"What did he do?" He asked.

   I shook my head, trying to shake that frightened feeling out of me. Looking into a person's eyes and seeing nothing was the scariest thing ever. Vince was a bad man, just like his brother. I was so shook. "Nothing." I mumbled, opening the door and putting the food on the seat.

"Ascaria—"

  "It's nothing, Iman. Please, just.. leave it alone."

"You ain't driving." He snatched my keys and I sighed in annoyance.

  "Iman give me my keys. Mom and Scarlett are waiting on this food." I reached for them, but he moved away.

"I'll take you. We'll get your car, later. You say it ain't nothing, but your face say differently. You looked shook and I don't like that look. You ain't gotta talk now, but you ain't driving in that state." He walked to the car, saying something to the woman and she followed behind him.

  I took the food, and closed the door. I headed to his car, and got into the backseat. The two of them got into the car and I looked out of the window. "Can you lock my doors?"

He pressed the button to lock it, and put the keys in the cup holder. "By the way, this is Sydney. Sydney, this is my sister Ascaria."

  "Hi Ascaria." She greeted.

"Hi." I greeted blandly. I wasn't trying to be rude, but I really didn't want to talk. She didn't seem to take it the wrong way or understood so she didn't say anything else.

  Iman turned around in his seat. "Please tell me what happened."

"Nothing happened. We were talking. Can we go now?"

  He blinked a few times, and sighed. Turning back around in his seat, he pressed the button to start the car and drove out of the parking lot.