Scarlett Isabella Valentine

————————

I was shaking, not from the breeze that was suddenly hitting my body, but from the look that my daddy was giving Noah and I. I wasn't even sure how I'd gotten to this point. When I got home from practice, I took a shower and laid down. Noah and I had a big argument at practice because he had seen me talking with Roman earlier that day.

When he popped up at the house, I tried to push him out. He had said some hurtful things to me, and I didn't want to see him. One thing led to another which is why his head was between my legs. It was something about Noah that I couldn't put my finger on. But, now, I wasn't sure if either one of us was going to be alive to figure it out.

My mom appeared in the doorway causing me to sigh internally. In contrast to daddy, she held a look of disappointment and sympathy. However, I knew she wasn't going to save me from daddy's wrath. Looking over at Noah, I knew he was nervous as well. I wanted to hate him, but I had to take some responsibility.

All I know was, the silence was killing me. I looked to the side of me, seeing my robe in sight. I grabbed it, and placed it around my body. When I looked up, a shirt landed on Noah's face. I recognized it as his and daddy demanded that he put it on. Noah kind of hesitated, but did as he was told.

"Daddy I—" I began to speak, but he held up his hand and shook his head.

"Shut up." Pursuing my lips, I looked down and sighed. I was in deep shit. "I just wanna fuckin' kno'.. did y'all use protection?" He gritted through his teeth.

"We didn't get there yet." Noah answered quickly.

I sighed internally at his answer. I looked up to see Daddy's reaction and he blinked a couple of times before looking back at Mommy. "You hear that love? They didn't get there yet." He mocked Noah's tone. "Well excuse me if I rudely interrupted!" He yelled.

"Noah, I think you should just leave." My mom suggested.

Noah looked at me, then at them before moving towards the door. It seemed like Daddy wanted to do something, but he decided against it. Instead, he turned his full attention to me once Noah was out of the bedroom door.

  Daddy slammed the door shut causing me to jump. "Isabella, what the fuck was thinkin'?"

I grimaced at him calling me by my middle name, something he rarely did unless I was in serious trouble. That wasn't often, though. "I wasn't thinking." I mumbled lowly.

  "Exactly." Daddy nodded, agreeing with my response. "You wasn't thinkin'."

"How did this happen, Scarlett?" Mom butted in. Her tone went from sympathetic to serious. I began to scratch with my fingers, a trait that I adopted whenever I was nervous or overly anxious. It was also a warning to them that I was about to have a panic attack. "Sit." Mommy ordered, and I did as I was told.

   Mommy took a seat beside me on my couch and ordered me to relax. However, daddy's angry face kept me from doing so. She blocked my view, and she began to do breathing techniques with me to calm me down. After awhile, it worked. I began to cry suddenly because my emotions were all over the place.

Having an anxiety disorder and major depressive disorder didn't help me in situations like this. My hormones and emotions confused the crap out of me. Mommy placed my head on her chest, and I heard my dad smack his lips.

  "You can't baby her in situations like this." He said.

"Khari, she's my child and I care about her health first." Mommy rubbed my back. "And let's not talk about babying because you baby them all of the time."