Ascaria Isabelle Valentine

Excuse any mistakes
———————

I watched as mom moved around the kitchen quietly while she cooked Dad's soup and something for us to eat. She had been quiet every since she came back from San Diego which let me know that she wasn't mad with us. Well, she was, but it couldn't have been worse than what Iman and/or Kamari did. Usually, when she's upset, the food is bomb because she's totally locked in. I expected this time to be no different.

Slamming my Chemistry book closed, I rested my hand under my chin. "Are you ok, Mommy?" She looked at me, and nodded. She was lying, but I wasn't going to call her one. A hand might reach to this beautiful face, and I couldn't have that. "What are you making?"

"Shrimp and Grits." She said simply. My ears perked up at the sound of that, and I knew Daddy was going to be mad. He ha to eat soup. I loved Shrimp and Grits. When Daddy had games in New Orleans, we'd go just to be in his hometown. We'd eat Shrimp & Grits over our cousin Brianna house. I was thankful that mommy had gotten her recipe because it was absolutely my favorite.

   Scarlett walked in, and looked at me then at Mommy. She had just gotten back from practice about thirty minutes ago and took a shower. "I'm so tired." She sighed, taking a seat on one of the bar seats next to me at the island. "Crap, I forgot about that Chemistry homework."

"I did it. I know you hate it so you can just copy mine. But, I wanna see that British Lit homework." I looked at her, and she nodded.

  She looked at Mommy with a pondering eye. "What's wrong with Mommy?" She whispered.

I shrugged. "Don't take her out of her zone, though. I know that food is about to be the bomb dot com." I whispered back.

  Scarlett let out a laugh, and looked in her phone. I leaned my head a little to see who she was texting. I saw Noah's name, and smirked. When she looked up, I immediately sat up straight. She looked at me weirdly before looking at mom. "Mommy, Noah said him and Aunt Kaleigh are coming over."

"I knew Kaleigh was. He must've just changed his mind." Mom looked at her.

  "I guess so." Scarlett shrugged.

I knew Scarlett was trying to give Noah a chance, but I didn't see a reason to. He couldn't change his ways. I believed that Roman was the perfect guy for her. I think Scarlett feels obligated to give Noah a chance, but I may be wrong. He may prove me wrong and actually be decent. I hoped so, for his sake. She told me that he said that he was in love with her. Noah knew nothing about love. He was too selfish to be in love.

  Talking with Roman, I knew he didn't like the idea of Scarlett doing this. Not because he was insecure, but because he felt just how I felt. He also felt like that she loved him just as much as he loved her. However, something pulled her to Noah and I wasn't sure why. Scarlett never talks so you don't know where her mind is at most times. The only person who may know is Mommy.

I had problems of my own, though. Madison has been trying me lately, and I really want to put my foot up her ass. She's like a totally different person. She clings onto Vince like I want him, but I don't. Ever since mom and Iman popped up at the crib, he doesn't even look my way. I was thankful for that.

  "It's ready." Mom said, snapping me out of my thoughts. She didn't have to tell me twice so I got up to go fix me a bowl. I sniffed the aroma in delight because it smelled so good. I knew that it would taste even better. She disappeared out of the kitchen as Scarlett and I filled our bowls.