Ascaria Isabelle Valentine

Later that day...

——————————

Madison

"Slow down."

I looked at my grandma, and chuckled. "Nana, I'm going forty." She looked so nervous like I was going to crash or something. My phone pinged and I figured that she was scared enough so I didn't pick it up. We were going to Aunt Makayla's dance studio and I brought Ryan along with us. She said she hadn't danced in a while so she came. I loved dancing. It was a moment where nothing could bother me. My mind was clear. My mom said that I reminded her of Aunt Makayla when she was younger.

"So, how is school going?" She looked at me before looking at Ryan through the mirror.

"It's going. I'm just ready for the rest of the semester to fly by."

"Same here." Ryan agreed. "I can't wait to graduate and leave home." She mumbled the last part, but I heard her. I was never a fan of Ryan's mom. I simply tolerated her because Ryan was our sister. Other than that, she was just a bitter old woman who couldn't let my dad go. She could've never thought she was going to replace my mom. Kamari told us bits and pieces of what he remembered. Scarlett and I just put the pieces together over the years. The conclusion was that the lady was just sad.

"Do you know what school you want to attend?" Nana asked the both of us.

I made a turn, then shook my head. "Well, I have five top schools. Two of those schools I have track scholarships in Ohio State University and University of Michigan. The other three are Yale, University of California, and Howard. I'm leaning towards committing to Ohio State, though. I love it there and I can run track to give me something to do. Mom and dad says I need to visit all of the schools, though. So, I think that's what we're going to do next year."

  She looked at me with an impressed look. "Great, great choices. What will you major in?"

"Architecture, and minor in Business."

She nodded. "I hope it's Howard. That's my alma mater. I couldn't pay your mom or your aunties to go. So, someone has to continue my legacy." She chuckled, and looked at Ryan. "What about you baby?"

"Florida State, University of Michigan, USC, or Juilliard. They all have a great music programs." She replied. "I want to go to Juilliard the most out of all, but I don't think I want to be close to home. I want to be more closer to daddy so USC is looking like number one."

"Daddy will jump for joy if he heard you say that." I snorted. I understood Ryan's position, though. She couldn't be around daddy as much as she would like to be because her and her mom lived on the other side of the country. Her going to college here in California may cause me to entertain the track scholarship from USC. I was gifted as many coaches would say. I had many offers, but track was just fun for me. The reason I didn't take basketball seriously is because of daddy. I didn't like the idea of being in his shadow. Although, I was in a way because of the Architecture thing. When he retired, he created a a practice that would be mine after I graduated college. I had to work my way up, though.