Chapter Eight: Winning the approval

Third POV:

Family. We've seen it, someone trying to win the approval of a father or mother to be with the person they love.
Gilbert didn't want to die. And he would admit. He fell for Matthew. Now it's the case of getting the okay from FACE.
Matthew didnt know about poor Gil's feelings yet. He just wanted his family not to kill Gilbert over a small thing.

They prayed for a good outcome but ten seconds in and everyone could already smelled smoke coming from the kitchen....

Matthew's POV:

"Oh maple. Papa, please tell me you didn't let Arthur cook again! ", I asked worriedly. Looking at the smoke like clouds coming from the other room.
"I... I uh am going to go help and see if Arthur is alright!"
I ran out of the main room leaving Papa and Gil alone.

Gilbert's POV:

Well.. Matthew left me alone. This is both a chance to talk to Franny and a chance for him to kill me.
"Vell I hope zhings go alright in there. Are jou sure Arthur cooking vas safe? Kesese.", I try to joke around.

Francis shoots me the same look from earlier. I tensed up, I didnt really feel like dying more than I already was.
But then He breaks the stern look with a laugh taking a seat on the couch.
I take a seat next to him. Remember Gil, your here to get the approval. You may be married but that won't excuse you for trying to be lovey with Birdie.
"So Franny I know jou know Mattie's goals for our visit but, I vant jou to know mine....", I spoke up trying to get down go business.

"And what is it that you want with my Mathieu? You may be my friend but my little Mathieu comes first to me!", Francis pre-warned me.
Well here it goes all or nothing. It was a nice life....

"Over zhe time I've gotten to know Matthew I zhink I've fallen for him. Now I know jou'er not a big fan of me being vith Matthew but please. I truly mean it when I say I have fallen for Matthew...", I admit to Francis fearing my own life.

Thinking over it for a second left me in suspense. I couldn't even tell by his facial expression weather I was dead or not. Finally he came to a decision and stated,"Oh? Is that so.... Gilbert I known you for a long time and can call you a close friend.
Never in a million years would I have thought you would want to truly be with Mathieu. Now I do trust you as a friend and Allie. But trusting you with his heart is something you have to prove."

"Of course! I vill do mein best to vin jour approval!", I snapped up out do my seat. I was excited now, I actually have a chance to win Franny's Approval!
Suddenly Alfred busts through the door. He wasn't here before so I assume he just got here...
What an entrance to make at a time like this.

"THE HERO HAS ARRIVED!!!! oh hey dude and you....", Alfred yelled at first then spat venom while glaring at me. I guess he is still angry about what happened.... Yeah.. I was right, Alfred will the worst to get approval from.
Mein gott please help me.

Franny spoke up stoping my death," Now Alfred before you go crazy Gilbert is here with Matthieu. And, Matthieu asked me to refrain from being to overprotective. I presume he means the same with you, non?"
Alfred was about to protest but just on cue Mattie and Eyebrows walked in.
"Alfred F. Jones! Bloody hell, Please use your inside voice.", Eyebrows scolded aways at Alfred who already seemed to lose interest in the conversation.

Matthew's POV:

Alfred had just arrived, I didn't need someone to tell em I just knew..... From the yelling from the other room..
But now that I think about it, I haven't told Al not to kill Gilbert..

Maple.
Please dont let him be dead already. We just got here.

Arthur went ahead of me, mostly to scold Al.
I hope everything still technically going alright. Gilbert is really nice to me and I dont want to be burdened with causing him pain from my family.