Chapter Fifteen

Kayden

I reached Kenneth's door and knocked twice. As discussed, we would meet up and start the job for M. The sooner we could find these two, the better. The door opened to reveal a tired Ken. His eyes were red and the stubble on his chin made him look homeless.

"Cool," he grumbled, stepping aside to let me in.

"You look like shit," I said, shutting the door behind me and following him through to the living-room.

He yawned and shrugged. "Been a long day, init."

"It's seven o'clock, man."

"Whatever." He scratched his head and I saw all the mandem chilling.

"Yo Tempz," Dwane greeted with a nod.

"What you saying?" I nodded to Christian, who was busy grooming his nails, and sat on the sofa.

"Just waiting for this prick to get ready," Nic said, jerking his chin at Kenneth. "Then we can bounce."

"Fuck you, man." Kenneth sighed and slowly left the room. His footsteps went up the stairs.

I looked back to Dwane. "What's wrong with him?"

"He caught his girl cheating yesterday. Must've walked in on her fucking some next man." Dwane shook his head. "Messed him up."

I whistled. "Shit."

"He only just got out of bed," Chris mentioned. "We had to drag him. He's like a shell of a man right now."

Nic kissed his teeth. "If I were him, I'd get her back. Fuck her best friend or sister or somethin'."

Chris raised a brow. "You're actually a scumbag."

"Nah, I just don't take disrespect well."

"So a proud scumbag?" Chris asked.

Nic stuck his middle finger up at him and grabbed a zoot from his pocket. "Whatever Ken's goin' through, he better be on form today. Don't want any of you costing me p."

"He'll be alright," I said.

Chris watched as Nicholas sparked up his zoot, his face twisting in disdain. "Do you have to do that shit here?" he moaned. "Get out."

Nic laughed. "You get out."

"Make me." Chris stuck his tongue out and we all watched him.

"Gay," Dwane muttered.

"Your dad's gay. He sucked my dick last night," Chris said.

"So you are gay. You let another man suck you off."

Chris faltered for a moment. "Shut up man, you know what I mean." He kissed his teeth and we laughed.

"Just admit you like dick and we'll leave you alone," Nic urged.

"I'm not gay. I like girls."

"Perv," Dwane whispered.

"No! You know what I mean!" he yelled in frustration. We laughed again. Although Christian was the punching bag of the group, he restored balance and made everyone feel at ease most times. It was fun winding him up.

Kenneth eventually came back in the room wearing a full Nike tracksuit and a matching beanie. "You man ready or what?" We got up and left the house. Chris unlocked his car and we all slipped in. Me in the passenger's seat, Nic, Ken and D in the back.

"Where we heading? Bush?" Chris asked as he started up the engine.

Ken nodded as he slipped on his gloves. "Yeah. Head for White City."