Chapter Fourteen

Becca

I woke up the following morning feeling aggravated. Just knowing I had to go the rest of the week being a fake version of myself made me weary. Slipping out of bed, I grabbed my towel and headed to the bathroom. Luckily for me, I was off from sixth form. Unluckily for me, I still had work. My shift was at 10am and I had a feeling the day would drag. Hopefully, no one would annoy me and make my mood worse.

I reached the bathroom and pushed the handle but it was locked.

"I'm in here!" Kieran called out.

I rolled my eyes. "How much longer?"

"Just got in. Gimme five minutes."

"I'll be late."

"You should've got in here first then." I heard his mocking laugh through the door and grit my teeth.

I decided to head down to the kitchen and eat some breakfast to kill time. Once my cereal was nice and warm I travelled to the living room and saw Andre sitting in his school uniform eating toast and watching the football highlights.

"Still here?" I asked in confusion. It was gone eight o'clock now and he looked oddly comfortable.

"Dad's dropping me today. Waiting for him to get ready."

"Ah." I began eating and Andre remained silent with his eyes glued to the screen. After a few moments, I thought it wouldn't hurt to be nice and talk to my little brother. "How're you and Jasmine?"

He glanced at me then, his expression wary. "Why?"

I shrugged. "Just asking. She seems like a nice girl."

Andre hummed. "She is."

"You two official yet?"

He shook his head. "Gonna ask her tomorrow, actually."

"Cute." I smiled and he raised a brow at me.

"Are you ill?"

"No, why?"

"You're acting weird."

I laughed. "I'm weird for smiling at you?"

"Yes."

He didn't even hesitate. Damn, did I usually scowl at him that much?

Dad entered the room fully dressed. "Morning," he said in the cheery way he always did. He kissed me on the forehead and grabbed Andre's last piece of toast. Andre tutted.

"Hey, Dad. You off today?"

"Yeah, thought I'd drop this big head to school and then take my car for a wash." I loved Dad, he was such a happy man, always keeping himself busy. When he wasn't helping others, he was spending time fixing things for himself, which was rare. Even something as simple as getting his car washed; it had been such a long time since he usually drove around running errands. He was extremely helpful.

I was the complete opposite of him. I did shit for myself first and only cared about my own happiness. No wonder I was such a bitch.

They soon left and I went back to the kitchen to wash my bowl before heading back upstairs to the bathroom. It was still occupied. I released a heavy breath and knocked on the door.

"What?" Kieran's voice came again, cold and blunt.

"Are you almost done?"

I heard him grunt. "I said five minutes man, be patient."

"It's been 15 minutes. I'm running late, Kieran."

"Fucking hell. Move from the door!"

Kieran's temper was like mine, if not worse. I would snap at him too if the roles were reversed, but they weren't. I was being nice and patient but he was making my blood boil. I turned away from the door and stalked to his room. Five minutes later, I went back to the bathroom just as he was stepping out. He had his towel wrapped around his waist as he passed me. He reminded me of a wet dog. Actually, he was one. I smirked at my thoughts.