Chapter Two

When I walked back to Shanay's room, she was on the phone to her boyfriend, Hayden. I flopped on the bed in a daze and waited for Shanay's conversation to end.

"Would you really?" she asked with a seductive smile. She twirled her hair around her index finger in true whipped-girl fashion. Hayden's voice was faint on the other end, as if he were whispering. Shanay giggled. "So where would you put it?" Hayden chuckled through the phone and said something else—probably something dirty—causing Shanay to laugh again. "Yeah? Then I'd lick it off–"

"Stop!" I clamped my hands over my ears. Shanay was always in her own little world when it came to Hayden. That was cool and all, but I'd rather they had their pillow talk when I wasn't around. I knew enough about their sex life as it was.

Shanay rolled her eyes. "I'm gonna go, babe. We have a hater." I gave her the finger, and she laughed before saying bye and hanging up. "How did it go with Leon?"

"He said she's his cousin."

Shanay raised a brow. "Cousins don't kiss on the mouth."

I regarded her for a moment. Either Shanay was extremely blind or Leon was lying to me.

"Anyway, we're gonna talk about it when I next see him."

Shanay looked peeved now. "Did he call me a liar?"

Yes. "No. I'm just trying to be civil. Thanks for letting me know. I'll sort him out."

She visibly relaxed. "I hope so. I know what I saw."

I grabbed her laptop to log onto her user. Once it loaded, I signed into my Facebook and accepted some friend requests, then commented on some pictures. I could hear Shanay talking but I wasn't paying attention. I would just "hm" and "is it?" whenever I needed to.

"...only if you're sure," she finished.

I turned to her. "What?"

She shook her head. "Forget it."

I faced the screen again. I went onto Leon's page and took a moment to appreciate his profile picture. Leon was a work of art: his dark brown eyes were warm and charming, complimented by his deep umber skin and handsome smile. As if that wasn't enough, he also stood at 6ft with a firm body I loved to caress. Sometimes I couldn't believe he was all mine.

I scanned his timeline and a message caught my eye. I read it repeatedly, trying to take it in.

Had fun yesterday
Can't wait to see u again
Olivia xx

I pondered on what Olivia might mean by that and dreaded the worst.

"Shan, I'm going. I'll call you," I announced, standing up and slipping on my Vans.

She raised an eyebrow. "What's wrong?"

"I'll fill you in later."

"Alright." We left her room and I hurriedly said my goodbyes, kissed Corey on his chubby cheeks, and left.

As soon as I got back home, I shouted hello to Dad and ran upstairs to my room. I collapsed on the bed, my body worn from exhaustion. None of this made sense. Leon knew exactly what it was like to get cheated on (that's how his previous relationship ended) so why would he do the same thing to me? Why did he feel the need to lie to me? How did he and Olivia get this close? Was she always around and I just didn't notice?

Not wanting to prolong this any further, I reached for my phone and called him but he busied the call. I frowned and gave up after two tries. Opting for the next best thing, I grabbed my laptop from under my bed and went back onto Facebook. After clicking on Olivia's profile and analysing her profile picture, my suspicions grew. It was a close-up selfie of her in a bikini and her tongue sticking out.