Chapters 61,62 and 63

Chapter 61

"Come in guys!" Cleo welcomed everyone in. Of course, Rikki and Zane arrived 'fashionably late' as Rikki put it, in reality they were nearly an hour late. Even Anna and Ben had arrived twenty minutes earlier. They had come straight from the doctors, Ben had upgraded from his full leg cast to a half leg, meaning he was not in his wheelchair anymore, now on crutches. Because of this upgrade, Anna and Ben had set their wedding date. They would be married mid-august.

The friends and family of Cleo and Lewis sat around their enlarged dinner table chatting and cooing at the young additions to the mer-circle.

After they had finished eating, Lewis got everyone's attention by banging on a glass. "Cleo would like to speak," she whispered a thanks to him.

"Thanks for coming everyone. I thought we'd do something a little different this year,"

There was murmuring. "Well, Lewis convinced me, I thought it'd just be a little fun..."

"Just spit it out!" Rikki said impatiently.

"Okay, well we got Singstar!"

Everyone looked shocked, especially Rikki as they all knew Cleo wasn't the best singer and she was often reluctant. Rikki smiled. "Bags first!"

Rikki and Cleo took up the microphones.

Emma face palmed. "Oh dear, kill me now..."

"Surely she can't be that bad," Ash said.

"You have no idea..."

OoOoO

Ten minutes later of Rikki and Cleo's loud, out of tune singing everyone was face palming, except for Lewis. He strangely enjoyed it.

"Hey Rikki, do you think someone else could have a turn?" Bella said wincing as Rikki missed a note completely. Rikki did not hear. Cleo did however and tapped Rikki on the shoulder.

"Rikki, times up!" Will said on behalf of Bella.

She turned around. "Okay then." Rikki handed the mike to Bella and sat next to Zane. Bella pulled Will up to duet with her. They were actually quite good at singing together.

"Hey you two should duet at the cafe sometime," Rikki exclaimed after their songs.

"No. No way. I don't sing." Will replied.

"After a puppy-dog put from Bella and pressuring from his friends he finally agreed to sing –at some point- a duet with Bella.

For the rest of the night they split into boys vs. Girls teams and battled it out on the Singstar. Team Blue (the girls) won. Anna and Bella did most of the work. Rikki and Cleo just had fun singing along.

Lewis had much enjoyed the singing affair.

OoOoO

10th August...

It was the day of Anna and Ben's wedding. Anna had asked the girls to be bridesmaids and Jennifer was more than happy to be the flower girl. Emma had to decline because of Eric but Anna understood completely. Anna asked Jacob solemnly if he wanted to be the ring boy. Once it was explained to him, he nodded enthusiastically. Ben asked one of his friends from Brisbane to be his best man; he hoped the guys would not be offended. He did not need to worry, they were perfectly happy. Although winter, Anna hoped to be married outside. Miraculously it was a beautiful hot sunny day, quite amazing; it was as if her prayers had been answered. It was in the style of Sam's and Don's wedding all those years before.

Anna looked beautiful in her white wedding gown walking down between the rows of chairs. Her father was holding her arm trying not to cry. Ben, although in a moon boot and on crutches, stood proudly at the end of the isle. He joined one hand with Anna's, the other giving him support.