Chapters 19, 20 and 21

Chapter 19

Another Few weeks later at Cleo and Lewis' house...

There was a frantic knock at the door.

"Have you seen Rikki?" Zane asked frantically as soon as Cleo opened the door. Zane had come here first because it was closest out of his friends to the cafe. "She didn't come home last night; she went out to close the cafe up but never came back,"

Cleo had never seen Zane so stressed; she tried to calm him down.

"No we haven't seen Rikki, but I'm sure she'll be fine. Zane; it's okay, breathe," Cleo instructed.

Lewis had now come down to the door, still in his pyjamas. He was wiping sleep out of his eyes.

"What's up?"

"Rikki is missing," Cleo replied to her husband worriedly,

"Did you look for her?" he asked Zane pointedly

This received him a light slap on the arm from Cleo.

"Yes, of course I did!" Zane said in a voice that was irritated but still troubled.

The three of them raced out of the house once Lewis was dressed to search for Rikki.

On the way Cleo called everyone else. Anna and Ben were still waking up, but Bella and Will had already gone for their morning jog, and Emma and Ash were just about to go out the door.

They met up at the cafe, and then split up again to go out in search for the missing Rikki.

"Rikki, Rikki!"

The guys were looking on the streets, cafes, shops and friends' houses, while the girls were scouting the ocean and Mako Island. After meeting up numerous times, in the afternoon where everywhere close by was searched, they met up for a final time in the closed Cafe. Zane decided to close it until Rikki was found.

"Nothing,"

"Same. Where could she be?"

______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 20

Rikki's P.O.V

I woke up in complete darkness, in a cold, damp room, which was causing me to shiver. I only had my thin red sweatshirt on, which was not keeping out the chill of the room. Something was pressing against my eyes, keeping me from seeing. A disgusting taste flooded my mouth as I regained my full consciousness. A dirty rag was acting as a gag, which really was as I had to make a lot of effort not to gag and reel at the smell and taste of that putrid rag. My head was ringing. It felt as if my read had been run over by a steam train. I tried to move my hands and legs but they are stuck fast. Ropes burn my wrists. I try to scream but the gag muffles it. I was sure that I was just leaving the cafe a second earlier. Oh, that's right. I was leaving, but just as I began my walk home, a couple of thugs grabbed me and must have knocked me out.

"The Sleeping Beauty's awake" A gruff voice comes to my ears. I mumble something incoherent. They lifted the blindfold. Searing light entered my eyes, forcing them closed. As I get accustomed to the light, my eyes widen at seeing my captor, or at least, seeing who my captor is.

He removed the fetid gag slowly, while saying, "Don't bother screaming, no one will hear you down here,"

So we are down, well that is some news.

"You can't keep me here!" I said doing a convincing job in keeping the fear out of my voice. I think I did a pretty good job, considering.

"Ha. That's what they all say."