Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Standing at the end of the isle in an old church, dressed in a tux, was Lewis McCartney, waiting for his bride to arrive. He checked his watch. She was already ten minutes late. Doubt crossed his mind.

"She'll be here mate," Zane said encouragingly. Zane, Will, Ash and Ben were his groomsmen.

This gave him a little more confidence. His Cleo would never abandon him, would she? No, of course not.

Just as he decided this the bridesmaids began their procession, piano music tinkling throughout the church. They were dressed in floral pink dresses, making them look amazing. Emma came first, then Bella, Anna followed by Rikki. For Rikki this was a rare event to see her in a floral dress, let alone pink, but she was beaming in support for her friends that were soon to be married.

As the bridesmaids passed the front row of Lewis and Cleo's relatives, their school and work friends in behind, Cleo entered the church. Lewis gasped; she was clad in a beautiful white dress, her hair in ringlets, holding a bouquet of red roses. She was beaming at Lewis as her father walked her down the aisle. Don had finally loosened his restraints on Cleo when it came to Lewis once they left school, making him agree in an instant when Lewis asked for his permission to marry Cleo. Don was also smiling proudly and he handed her over to his soon–to-be son in law.

"You look wonderful Cleo," Lewis whispered in her ear. If it was possible she smiled even wider.

The ceremony began.

"Speak now or forever hold your peace..."

Charlotte's head popped around the corner of the door to the church, obviously planning on 'speaking up' Rikki and Emma discreetly held the hands up in warning and Charlotte backed out of the door without fuss.

The vows and rings were exchanged. The rings brought up by her sister Kim; over the years Kim had matured and become closer to Cleo than ever before. In her last year of school Kim had been coming to Cleo for advice, mainly about her boyfriend Elliot (Yes, Emma's younger brother) and subject choices.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride,"

They leaned in and shared a loving kiss, the guests all cheering.

"I now present to you Mr and Mrs Lewis and Cleo McCartney"

At the reception the friends all chatted and congratulations was offered to the newlyweds.

Of course Don had to make a speech and a couple of others just had to too.

Rikki stood up last.

"I have known Cleo now for, hmmm, how long has it been? About seven years now, and I have to say, she is an amazing person and we have had the most amazing time together. I'm sure Emma and Bella would say the same thing." They nodded. Rikki continued, "Lewis also, is an amazing guy, annoying at times, but still he has always been there for us through ups and downs and many very very very very..." Emma shook her head motioning to Rikki to stop, "Very strange events." Rikki concluded bluntly. "Anyway, they are amazing people and I couldn't ask for better friends,"

The night continued on, wining and dining and having fun.

Denman was not on anyone's' minds that evening.

In actual fact Denman had gone back to her home in Melbourne to live permanently with her husband. She resumed being a marine biologist, but tended to focus around Melbourne and didn't do much field work. She never did get her memory back fully. Conveniently all memory of the girls was erased. She was out of their lives for good.

The newlywed couple departed for their honeymoon the following morning. They were going to a resort somewhere in the gold coast. Lewis had organised it so that it would be a surprise for Cleo.

Meanwhile Bella and Will were planning the final details for their wedding which would take place in six weeks.