Chapters 18

Chapter 18

"So you really do love me?" Rikki asked in a small voice.

"Of course I love you, what does that ring say?"

"I know, I know, it's just you were never the committed type..."

"Don't underestimate me Rikki; I can be committed and sensitive if I want to," He kissed her gently.

"In that case," Rikki said brightening up, "How can I turn down your most generous offer,"

"What offer?"

Rikki rolled her eyes at him while smiling.

"Oh! Oh!"

She kissed him.

The Engagement Party was a big bash. They had reserved their cafe for the event. Zane had invited his friends and Rikki had inviting the group and a couple of others, including her father. Terry was very happy with Zane being the one Rikki was to marry. Since they had got back together and he saw that Zane was sincerely sorry for the hurt he had caused his daughter, they had no conflict.

At one point Zane and Rikki went off together and none had seen them since. Cleo and Emma went looking, leaving their boyfriends by themselves.

Rikki and Zane were making out in the corner of the manager's office. Cleo walked in on this and quickly backtracked bumping into Emma.

"I think we can say they won't be out here for a while..." Cleo said with a sly smile on her face.

Emma caught the hint; "Tell them to get a room," she exclaimed.

"Emma, they are in a room..."

"Oh, right..."

Meanwhile at the Fiji Resort...

"It's a pity that we are missing Rikki's engagement party," Bella said to Will. An excited Rikki and co had called the couple to tell them the news.

"Yeah, but it is our honeymoon," Will said. He kissed her.

Will hired a boat and went out to sea for a midnight swim with Bella. She jumped out of the boat, and waited for her husband to join her.

One Night many weeks later – Bella and Will have returned from their honey moon. Ash and Emma's house in the country...

"Ash...do you love me?" Emma asked self-consciously,

"Yes, Emma, of course I do!" Ash attempted to kiss her, but she pulled away, he looked at her question in his eyes.

"Well, it's just…"

"Emma, just say it," Ash said expecting the worst,

"Well…It just seems that you don't want to make a commitment," Emma said cautiously

"I don't understand…" Ash said. A brief pause followed.

"Ash, I want to marry you!" Emma blurted out.

"Did I hear that correctly?"

"Yes" Emma said not meeting Ash's eyes.

He lifted her chin and kissed her gently.

"I will marry you someday. I'm just not ready yet sweetheart" He explained to her.