Chapters 64 and 65

Chapter 64

Rikki recovered quite well and was soon out of the hospital.

Two weeks later…

The phone rang in Bella and Will's apartment.

"Hello? Bella speaking,"

"Hey darling,"

"Hey Mum, how are you doing?"

"Not too good."

"Oh?"

"I have some bad news…Great aunt Siobhan passed away last night,"

"Oh no!" Bella interjected. She had not seen Siobhan in a few years but she felt sadness rush over her.

"Yeah. Anyway, her funeral is in about a week's time, to allow her extended family time to travel over to Ireland. Also we have to be there for the hearing of her will; after all we are her only living relatives."

"I will be there don't worry. I'll meet you there."

"Okay." *sniff*

"You okay Mum? I can come over if you want some company,"

"No, it's okay, your father will be home soon,"

"Okay, if you're sure,"

"Yes. Positive, don't worry 'bout me. Have a good night Bella,"

"You too Mum."

OoOoO

Bella had told her mum that she would catch up with her old friends from when she lived in Ireland and do a bit of sightseeing before the scheduled funeral and Will hearing. In fact she was going to swim over, thus meaning having to leave right away. Will was going to fly over and meet her there, leaving a few days later that her.

She packed her credit card, phone, food and a small bottle of water into a waterproof bag.

Will handed it to her.

"Thanks Will,"

"Be safe," he replied

"I will." They kissed.

"I love you,"

"Love you too. I'll see you there,"

He nodded and smiled. They shared one last kiss and then she swam full speed on her way to Ireland.

OoOoO

By the time she reached the shores of her destination, she was very exhausted. She had made a stop each night on a rocky outcrop or beach for a meal, drink and rest. She had done this trip many times over the years; however, this time was a much more depressing reason – to hear the Will of her Great Aunt Siobhan. She was a very wealthy woman. Bella didn't know the exact quantity of her aunt's wealth but she knew it was well into the multi-millions.

Bella dried herself off on a private beach cursing to herself for not bringing a towel. After devouring the last of her food, she made her way to Dublin.

OoOoO

Bella caught the bus and looked at the diver's watch that Will gave her. She always put it on after her transformation so that it wouldn't disappear along with the rest of her clothes. She was right on time. Her husband should be arriving in Ireland soon after having the hard job of leaving a protesting Jacob with the McCartneys. The funeral was in two days. That would give her plenty of time to visit her friends like she said she was. She hadn't told her mother that she'd be swimming over; even though her parents knew about her being a mermaid, they would be very freaked out if they knew their daughter was swimming all the way to Ireland.