Chapters 58,59,60 and Character Profile Update

Chapter 58

Rikki woke the next morning, sun streaming through the curtains. She could feel Zane's tight grip around her middle. She wanted a shower before they left for the cafe in a couple of hour's time. Correction, a bath, the whole mermaid thing restricted her from showers as she did when she was a teenager. Anyway, Zane had been tired lately and she didn't want to wake him up just yet. She tried to lift his arm off herself gently, when she thought she had succeeded and went to move out of the bed, both Zane's arms came back around her, seeming tighter than before. She sighed, rolling her eyes. Someone was a little overprotective. She manoeuvred herself out of his grip again and quickly placed her pillow into his arms. He seemed to relax as he hugged the soft pillow. She chuckled to herself and made her way to the bathroom. She ran a bath and the warm water soaked her tail.

Zane came into the bathroom some time later.

"So this is where you got to," he said rubbing his sleep-filled eyes.

"I left you sleeping – besides you seemed pretty comfy cuddling my pillow," she laughed

Zane blushed – a rare sight to see.

"I'll meet you downstairs,"

Rikki pulled the plug and evaporated the water on her skin; this made her dry nearly instantly. She picked herself out of the bath and went downstairs to meet Zane. He had already brought Leila and Charlie down to the kitchen and was making himself some toast. Zane gave her a kiss as she came into the kitchen. She soon got down to breastfeed her offspring.

Soon enough the little family were walking to work. Charlie and Leila were in the double mountain buggy that Zane was pushing.

OoOoO

"Good morning Ash,"

"'Morning Em, sleep well?"

She nodded. He pulled her in for a kiss.

"You?"

He smiled and nodded.

Ash dropped Emma off at work before driving himself to the stables.

She unlocked the classroom and set out her lessons for the day. At half past eight, the first kids started dribbling into school. They dropped their bags on the hooks outside the classroom door and then they went on the playground or into the class. Emma taught a class of twenty year threes. She taught them spelling and adding and took them out for a couple of games of duck duck goose and cat and mouse throughout the day. She had to discipline a boy for hitting another at mat time. Overall, she had quite a good day. During her lunch break, she went into the staff room.

"Hey Emma," Two other young teachers came over to where Emma was sitting.

"Oh hey guys,"

"How are you, class behaving?" One said.

"Yeah yeah, what about yours Kate?"

"I had to tell Ethan off for pulling the hair of the girl that sits in front of him."

"What about you Phoebe?"

"I actually had quite a good day, how's the baby doing?"

"He or She is going well, Lewis gave me an ultrasound and they are progressing fine. You do know Lewis ay?"

"Yeah, I think I met him once," Phoebe replied. Kate nodded.

"We should go get coffee sometime,"

"Yeah, that'd be good,"

Emma, Kate and Phoebe had all become friends as they started the school about the same time.

The trio ate their lunch and chatted until their break was over.