Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Another few weeks later (9th May), Cleo and Lewis' house...

"Lewis?"

"Yes Sweetie?"

"How would you feel about starting a family?"

"I'd say bring it on. I'd love to start a family Cleo,"

"Oh, thats good," she looked as if a huge load had been lifted off her chest, "Thats good 'cos i'm already pregnant," she finished not lookng at her husband

"Did I hear that correctly?"

She nodded. He beamed and hugged her tightly.

"Thats amazing! You're sure?"

"Yes, positive, I took three tests,"

"How far are you along?"

"I think since after Emma was found, so about two or three months,"

"Okay then, we'll tell everyone tomorrow – we don't want to take the spotlight from Will tonight,"

Will's birthday dinner was cheery and fun. After the birthday meal, they got into teams and played pictionary. Naturally all the couples paired off, this sparked unwanted romance between turns. Rikki was a little hesitant at first but soon got into it, so much so that her and Zane won nearly every game.

The next day the group met up again afterwork, they had to wait a while for Bella as she was held up because she had to give a group of naughty boys detention. Once she arrived the group got underway with their daily discussions of how work was going etc. Over the years they had continued their meetings nearly every day, obviously keeping as close as ever- just as they were when they were teenagers.

"So guys, Cleo and I have some news,"

"What is it now?" Rikki asked sarcastically, "Last time the news wasn't all that great – Denman and all," Everyone cringed at the mention of her name.

"Oops, sorry guys," Rikki winced.

"Anyway, we are pregnant!" Cleo said with a smile

"OMG! Congrats!" Rikki replied and other congradulations followed.

"When are they due?" Emma asked

"We think about January, February... we aren't completely sure,"

Cleo and Lewis' house, later that night...

"I still marvel at how you do that." Cleo stated gesturing towards Lewis' perfectly folded pile of towels, and the sheet he had just done.

"Yes, well..." he looked self-conscious

"Hey, hey, it's a good thing, a good quality," Cleo said brightly, "Promise me you wont go on a macho hunt again, like last time, your just not that kinda guy. I married you. Not some tough guy,"

"Okay, I promise," Cleo smiled and they kissed.

The day of Rikki's and Zane's wedding arrived and the couple had a very, very private ceremony.

(30th May)

Terry Chadwick, Harrison Bennett (who had warmed up to the firey Rikki over the years,) Nate, a couple of Zane's other close friends and of course the rest of the group. There was to be no reception, just a family/ friends dinner. This was Zane's idea and Rikki agreed with it quickly.

"You're such great guy. You totally get me. When did you get to know me so well?" Rikki had asked.

Rikki was wearing a slim white dress with red ribbon lacing around it; it was simple but elegant. The tuxedo Zane was wearing had a matching red tie. They had the ceremony on Mako Island, in the spot where they had kissed. Zane had said it made a whole lot more sense since he knew that she was a mermaid as to why it was burning. On some of the trees there was still scarring all these years later from irreparable damage.

The small party cheered, an especially loud hoot from Mr Chadwick when the newly wed couple shared their first kiss.

The dinner that night of course had speeches. Rikki and Zane had booked their own cafe out and had placed two large tables next to each other in the centre of the room. The couple employed their staff extra hours and extra pay so they would serve them all.

"Achem!" Terry tapped his glass. Everyones heads turned in his direction. "For those who don't know me, I'm Terry Chadwick, Rikki's dad. I've had the great pleasure of being to father to this amazing young woman." Rikki beamed at him, "Though we've had our ups and downs, we've always pulled through whether it was family or financial troubles." He paused, " I had the pleasure of meeting Zane in a compromisable circumstance, fortunately that was resolved," Rikki and Zane looked at each other knowingly. "Anyway, I'm just saying that these are a pair of wonderful young people, and I wish them all the best in their future together," He concluded lifting his glass.

"I would also like to make a speech," Harrison stood up. "Though my first impression of Rikki was rough, I mean very rough, over past years I have gotten closer to her and I believe we have no problems with each other." Rikki nodded in response, he continued, "Anyway, along with you Terry, I do believe we should toast a good future to the couple,"

After this there were a couple more speeches made by friends and thus ended the wedding celebrations of Rikki and Zane Bennett.