Say Something. (Personal)

WARNING: Contains Cancer. Do not read it if it's a touchy subject for you.

"Y/N?"

"Y/N?", he said again but I didn't call him. I couldn't let him see me like this. I had locked myself in the bathroom. I was crying silently so he couldn't hear me.

I heard footsteps approach the bathroom. He tried to open the door, but it was locked.

"Y/N open the door."

I didn't get up. I did not open the door.

"Y/N open the door or I'll break it open."

I got up and covered my head with one of his beanie. I opened the door to let him in.

"Babe, what happened?"

"Nothing, Harry."

"Don't lie to me. Please don't. You were crying. Babe what's up?"

"Nothing is up Harry, leave me the fuck alone."

I started walking away but I was too weak. I was about to take the support of the wall when Harry stepped next to me. He held me by my waist and started walking with me.

"Why are you doing this, Harry? You should leave."

"Why are you doing this, Y/N? I want to take care of you. Let me do it, babe."

"No, Harry. Don't waste your time on me."

"I'm not wasting my time on my wife."

"A wife who won't be around long enough."

"Don't say that!"

"Then what do you want me to say? Huh! Everything will be fine? No, Harry! It won't be fine! Nothing will ever be fine because I am going to die!", as soon as the words left my mouth I heard gasps. My son and daughter were there right in front of us.

"Why are you saying all this? You have two teens to take care of! You can't just leave me! Don't say this bullshit!", Harry yelled.

"Just take me to my room, Harry.", I sighed. He took me to our bedroom and helped me lay down. He left the room and I took off the beanie. A whole patch of my hair coming off. I was diagnosed with cervical cancer two years ago. The doctors were all reassuring Harry and our kids but I could feel my body getting weak day by day. I had lost hope the day I heard I had cervical cancer. But the kids and my husband were so hopeful.

I heard the door open. Both of my kids walked in. They were old enough. They were teens, sixteen to be exact but, God, were they childish.

"Mum.", Summer said.

"Yes, Summer?"

"Why are you fighting with Dad again? What's happening? Why did you say that you're going to die? Mum, the doctor said you were just fine, then why did you say that?"

"Stop asking so many questions, Summer. Mum needs rest, don't you have some school work to do?", Ethan said. No matter how childish they were, Ethan was mature enough and was a Mummy's boy. Summer just nodded and left.

As soon as the door closed Ethan hugged me.

"Hey, honey, I'm alright. C'mon, stop crying please."

"Mum, you- dad- the doctor told me mum! He told me!"

I stared at him.

"What did he tell you?"

"Mum, you- you don't have time! You'll leave, Mum!"

"Ethan, nothing is going to happen to me."

"No! You said it yourself! You said you'll die! Mum, please don't leave us! Please! Dad is always sitting thinking, he doesn't talk or eat, Summer is always crying, Mum! And I just dread even the thought of losing you!", he said and broke down again.