The Blackest Day (Request)

The sound of the phone ringing buzzed through the silent house as I got out of bed and walked down the stairs.

I looked at the caller I.D. and picked up in an instant.

"Mum?", I questioned.

"Priyal, y-your father-"

"What's wrong, mum?", I questioned, sleep long gone.

"He's admitted to the hospital. But, he's in better condition than the driver. The driver- Niall-. There's not much they have said- except he's in a worse condition."

"No. No. No, no. That's not possible. He can't. Mum, please- I-", I broke down.

"You need to get here, Priyal. Now."

***

I walked into the hospital, straight to where they had dad. Mum was sitting in the room, talking to him.

"Hi, dad", I said as I stepped inside the room.

"Priyal, I'm sorry I cou-"

"It's okay, dad. It isn't your fault. He'll be fine, I'm sure", I said, mostly reassuring myself.

"Honey, you should go check on him", mum said, giving me a half smile.

I nodded and left.

I walked to the waiting room that was closest to the room he was being operated in.

Hours went by when finally a doctor came to say that Horan's family could finally see him.

I had already contacted his parents and they would be reaching tomorrow morning from Ireland.

I walked into his room, he was sound asleep.

I sighed and sat down next to him, as I waited for the nurse to report me about his condition.

"Mrs. Horan?", she asked.

I nodded, in a gesture for her to go on.

"Mr. Horan is alright, except two broken ribs and a fracture on the right wrist. No damage to the skull, he just hit his head bad- which might cause amnesia but that cannot be detected as of now. He'll be on bed rest for at least 4-6 weeks. The doctor will send the prescription of the medicines you will be needing. He should be up within- give or take- 10 minutes."

I nodded, she smiled and left.

I squeezed his hand and put my head on the bed, "I love you."

He squeezed my hand twice and I knew everything was fine. He would be just fine.

______________________

A/N:

Hey guys!

I hope you all enjoyed it. Dedicated to @Priyal_Yadav . I hope you like it! The requests are now open again as I've started writing again (not that frequent but my holidays have started so I'll try to update sooner)

All the love x