The Lonely (Request)

"Broken pieces of a barely breathing story, where there once was love, now there's only me and the lonely...", I sang as I kept typing on my phone. The red light sounded as it changed to green and I started walking as I kept my phone back in my pocket.

Had I known, there was a speeding car coming. I let out a scream as I fell unconscious.

"Hello? Hello? Can you hear me, Miss?", I could hear the officer saying as I blinked repeatedly.

"Hello, I'm John and I would like to ask you some questions, if you can answer them for me right now?", he asked.

I nodded in reply.

"What's your name?"

"P-Priyal", I said.

"What's the date today?"

"It's November 23rd."

"Year?"

I kept quiet as I thought hard, "2015?"

He nodded, "We're taking you to the nearest hospital. We've also called the number on your emergency contacts."

I nodded.

We reached the hospital and the rushed us in.

Everything was a blur as they kept running tests.

"Ma'am, I would like to ask you a few questions, nothing to stress about", the nurse said.

I acknowledged her as she continued asking questions until she asked one.

"Are you pregnant?"

"No, I'm not."

"Well, we'll have to run some tests, do you need to pee?"

"Yeah, I- I do."

"I was called for Priyal! Let me see her please", I sighed as I heard the one familiar voice I was yearning to hear.

"Harry!", I yelled as he rushed inside to see me.

"Priyal, baby, what happened?"

"She got into an accident, sir."

"Here, Miss. Pee in this please", the nurse said as she put a bowl under me so that I could pee in it. I did as I was told.

Thirty minutes later, the nurse walked in and said, "Ma'am, are you sure you aren't pregnant?"

"Yes, I'm pretty sure", I tried to laugh but my leg hurt because of the injuries I had had.

"Well, the test says otherwise."

I looked shocked at Harry, his expression the same. I was ecstatic at the news as we had always wanted a child.

I was soon taken to get an ultrasound.

"What happened?", I asked the doctor.

"I- your child. I'm sorry, but you've had miscarriage, Priyal."

I gasped, "No. No. I just got to know I'm- and now you're saying- please, no", I cried as Harry rubbed my back.

"Priyal, you'll be fine. Everything will be fine", he said but I could see the devastated look on his face.

"I'll give you a moment", the doctor said and left us in the room.

I cried into Harry's shoulder as he held me tightly to him. So much has happened in just one day, I couldn't believe I was going through this.

I was discharged soon, I didn't have any major injuries, just a fracture in my leg. But I had lost my child, the child I only knew about for an hour and had to let it go. I cried silent tears. I was going home to my boyfriend, Harry. But I couldn't bring him our child with me.

I looked out of the car window as Harry silently drove.

"It's okay, Priyal. You weren't ready for a child. Maybe it's God's way to give you more time to be prepared", he said suddenly, breaking the silence.

"It's a cruel way to do that. I-I could've been ready."

"It will be all right. There is a long way down to have more kids, don't worry. It will be fine. You're still here, that's what matters, right?"

"As long as you're with me", I tried to smile and he gave me a breathtaking smile and nodded. He was right. As long as we're okay, there were many chances of having kids again. I smiled and looked at Harry. As long as we're together.

___________________

A/N:

Sorry for the late update! I hope you enjoyed it tho!

Dedicated to @Loveinfinity25

Love,
S. x