Once In A Lifetime (Request)

It wasn't my finest of days. The day had started with me falling and hurting myself, then those usual fights with Harry. I was now situated in our room, pretending to be asleep waiting for him to come back to bed.

We still hadn't solved the fight. It was a waste of time, he would say. It wasn't like we even talked anymore. We were distant, but still together for some reason.

I was broken out of my reverie when his phone rang, he picked it up.

"Hello?", I heard him speak.

-

"Yes, baby?" Baby?

-

"She's asleep", he said.

-

"Baby, you know she's nothing. She pisses me the fuck off. All she does is cry all the damn time! she behaves like a kid. She can't even talk properly! I don't know why I ever started dating her! She's good for nothing! ", I heard him say. My heart sunk into my stomach and stray tears rolled down my cheek.

-

"Yes! She fights on almost everything! And she is a prude! Ellah is such a slob, I hate her. I can't wait to get rid of her! Thank god, I found you. I couldn't take her anymore", I held in a gasp.

-

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow", he said and then his footsteps came nearer. He pulled me closer to him as he came to bed, and I pushed his arm away. I had started shaking. His words ringing in my ears.

"Ellah babe, it's me", he said trying to pull me in again but I pushed him away again.

"Go sleep with your "baby". Don't you dare touch me", I whispered high enough for him to hear.

"Y- you're awake?", he asked.

I got up, pushing the covers off of me, "Oh I was more than awake, Harry! I heard each and every word you used for me!"

"Babe-"

"Don't you dare "babe" me! Why are we dating? Are you here because you pity me? I bet in your head you are thankful that I over heard your conversation! Easy to break up now isn't it? At least now you wouldn't have to face the fact you cheated on me!"

"Ellah, you're making a scene out of nothing. It's not what you think!"

"Oh, it isn't, is it? Fucking "thank god I found you", because that clearly doesn't say what I'm thinking is nothing!"

"Ellah, I'm sorry-"

"I don't want your fake apology, Harry. Just leave me alone. Okay? Get out!", I yelled and closed my eyes. a minute or so later I heard his footsteps retreat out of the room and then the front door closed.

A stray tear fell down my cheek. I couldn't comprehend in even thoughts what all he had said about me.

I got up and walked to the 24 hour store. I was about to check out, when there was a gun shot.

If only I had stayed at home, I thought as I heard the couple of people gasp around me. I dropped the things I had in my hand as I held on to my bloody stomach. I was shot. And this was how it came to an end.

Harry's P.O.V.

I slammed my hand on the horn. What have I done!? This was the girl I had fallen in love with. I took a turn and started to head back home. I couldn't do this to her. I shouldn't have done this to her.

I switched on the radio.

" There was a shooting in a grocery store of 5th street. One of the shoppers was shot dead on spot. As the police has informed, the victims in the stores are Joe Lewis, Tara Walberg, Gina Gourd, Zachary Wester and Ellah.

No. It can't be my Ellah. I sped to our house. The front door was open, but inside it was eerily quiet.

"Ellah? Ellah?", I said as I went to our room, to see no one there. I searched the whole house, but found nothing.

I walked back to my car to go the place I was dreading the most.

I heard the police sirens and go out of my car.

"Excuse me, sir? May I help you?", one of the officers asked.

"I- I'm hear to see, Ellah?", I asked.

"She's in the ambulance", he said.

I went to the ambulance and saw her there. Lying on that bed completely lifeless. Her face was pale, her lips dry. The white sheet covering her lifeless body was red around her stomach and I whimpered as I realised she was the one who was shot. I went to touch her lips, they were rough under my touch. I trailed my hand on her forehead, touching her soft hair.

"Sir, please move aside", an officer said.

"I- I just need another second", I said, not moving my eyes away from her.

She was gone and I couldn't do anything now. I closed my eyes as tears fell down on my cheek.

I placed a kiss on the side of her head and muttered, "I'm so sorry, Ellah. I really do love you."

And then, she was gone.

_______________________

A/N:

Hi, I hope you all enjoyed this. I have been such a lazy bum these days, I swear. I have been so busy with college stuff, that I couldn't take out the time to write! I apologise for the delay.

@Beautiful_Narry

Take care you all! (I'm still taking in requests but they will take time to be posted now because college)

Love,
S. x