Chapter 8

Kami's POV

So after Sid went back to get our food. Crow looks at me funny. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"oh nothing it just seems like the waiter one looks like Sid and two is trying to flirt with you" he says as his face gets red and I could see a sign of jealously. 

"It is Sid, I can tell by his voice". As I say that I see him start coming to our table so I stop talking.  He then hands us the food. Around 10 minutes later we finish our food. I can tell Corey is starting to get drunk so I allow him no more beers. He seemed ok with that he didn't really as for any more. Then we leave. It's around 11;15 P.M. It's really nice out the chicago lights look beautiful as always. It's normally a long walk to get back, but when Corey is with me it's not as bad. 

"Hey babe you feelin better?" he asks me while he goes to grab my hand to hold it. 

"Yes alot better" I reply smiling and give him a quick hug and then we start walking back home again. Then we reach the apartment building. I then open up my purse to make sure I have the key. I find it then we walk up to the 3rd floor (That's what floor i live on). I then notice the FOR SALE sign is gone. There was one on the door when we left.

"Hey Crow do you see that there's no "'For Sale" sign there anymore?" I ask him quietly.

"I noticed that to do you want to knock on the door and see if they will answer?" He asks kinda slurring from having to much to drink.

I couldn't tell if he was being drunk Corey or was for real so I just knock on the door.

*Laura POV*

This has been a good day since i moved to chicago. I like living in the city. I just couldnt stand were I was before no matter were you would look all you would see is corn. I hated it. I hear a knock on the door and I get up from sitting on the couch and watching "17 Seconds" and answer the door. "Hi" this very pretty tall blonde girl said. "Hello" the guy next to her said. "HI" I say. "It's nice to meet you were your neighbors, whatcha watching?" the guy asked. "Oh just "17 seconds" Y?" I ask kinda confused. "Oh no reason, it's not like im in it or anything" he says as both of them start smiling. "Wait are you Corey Crawford?!?!" I ask really excited. "Yes i am, and this is Kami Barger, My girlfriend and teamate." he says confident. "I feel so dumb for not noticing it was you guys." I say feeling embaressed. "Well were gonna go,  we can talk more tomorrow if you want, bye" Kami says as they start walking to their apartment. This is litterally the best news ever, living next to 2 players on my fav team. I'm just wondering why they live here in an apartment building. They are like famous they should be living in a mansion, not here.

*Corey's POV*

"She seems alot better than our old neighbor, she was so rude." I say as I open the fridge to grab a beer but grab a coke instead so kami dosnt get mad at me. 

"Yes she seems alot nicer. Can we go to bed? i'm really tired" she asks me while going the the bedroom to get her Pajama's on. 

"Yes, i'm getting tired too." I walk into the bedroom and take of my suitt and put on a pair of my basket ball shorts on and put no shirt on. I then go into the bathroom to brush my teath, Kami is doing the same as well. Then when we finish she beats me to the bed and lays down. I lay right next to her she looks up gives me a kiss and then lays back down and snuggles with me. I'm so glad I have her in my life.

*The next day*

So all I can think of is the other night when I seen Crosby at the restaurant. Like why was he flirting with me. It just really confused me. I like hardly ever see him. If i were him and he knows that im with crow that not to fuck with crow and his girl crow will go after him. I then notice Crow wasn't in bed with me. But then I smell bacon so he must be cooking. I go out there and he gives me a kiss. "Ready for practice  today?" he asks. "Ready as always" I reply and then laugh. I then sit down at the table and he comes over and gives me my food. I nod my head 'Thanks". 

After breakfast we then notice it's 11:30 and we have practice at 12. I grab our bags and our skates and we go to his car and put are stuff in.Then I notice a ticket on the car. "Shit" he says "I parked in the wrong spot" he added. "It's fine honey don't worry about it". I say as we get into the car. Then we arive at the UC this is our last day in chicago for a week because were traveling through canada and versing their teams. I have a feeling we can win. I get out of the car and see steeger and jump out of the car to go talk to him. "Hey steeger" i say. "Hey Kam" he replies back. We then get into the UC and I get my skates on and Crow helps tie them. I then go out for warm ups and Coach Q we could free skate for the first 10 mins of practice. I step out onto the ice and notice that Toews is skating alone. I go skate over to him. "Hey Tazer" I say hapily. "Hey kami" he says with tears streaming down his face. 

**********

That was Chapter 8! Tell me below what you think about it so far. :)