Sweet Dreams aren't made of these

Yes like the song, but not the song. You'll get it, don't worry.
Samandriel's POV
I wake up to shrieking and quickly throw the covers off of my bed. I rush into his room where he's thrashing around in his own bed. I hold his body in my arms and use a bit of my grace to calm him. I stroke his hair and whisper soothing words to him.

"It's ok. I'm here. Listen to my voice Adam. You're free. You're happy. You're with me."

I kiss his forehead. He calms down almost immediately, but I stay with him a while, simply petting him and talking to him. I wrap my wings around him. I sense something enter the house. I keep myself around him, refusing to move. Then she comes in. Her eyes are black pits.

"Get out." I hiss.

She laughs. "I have orders Samandriel. I have to drag him back to hell. He's going back to the cage."

I growl. "Never."

"I'm sorry to have to do this,"

"I'll make a deal." I say.

She looks intrigued. "A deal you say?"

I nod. "Drag me to the pit. Leave him alone. I don't care if I get ten years I don't care if I get ten days, just don't hurt him."

She ponders it. "Deal. You have until morning. I'll give you a chance to say goodbye."

She disappears, and I look to Adam. I stroke his hair. I start crying.

"I'm sorry. But I have to do this for you."

I kiss his forehead one last time, and then I go into the kitchen and write him a letter.

Dear Adam,

When you wake up I'll be gone. It's not because I've moved on, and you didn't do anything wrong. A demon came for you last night, wanting to drag you down to the pit. I gave myself up for you, because I couldn't bear to let you go through that again. I love you Adam.

Love,

Samandriel

Tear blotches stain the page, and I leave the house. The demon meets me at the end of the driveway just as the sun comes up.

"Ready?"

I nod. Our lips crash, sealing the deal, and when I re-open my eyes, two archangels are standing over me.

"Hello Samandriel."

I gulp. I know I'm about to endure the worst torture of my life. But it's for Adam.

Adam. The man I love.

Adam's POV
When I wake up I feel an emptiness beside me. Usually I have nightmares and Samandriel will come and comfort me. I smile. I must've finally gotten over them.

"Alfie, no nightmares! I'm gonna make some chocolate chip pancakes to celebrate!" I say.

I hear nothing. Maybe he's still asleep. I go and check in his room, but no one is there.

"Alfie?" I call out weakly.

I frantically search the whole house and find nothing. I go into the kitchen and see a note. I sigh. He probably just went to the store or something and is just letting me know.

Boy was I wrong.

I read the note and I break down. I can't believe Samandriel did that for me. Me, a broken, poor, sad, meat puppet. I was never supposed to exist. I'm only useful to anyone to be a vessel.

Adam, don't believe that.

Adam, you're beautiful.

Adam, I love you.

You're perfect. You're mine. Please Adam, don't believe those lies.

I love you.

I'm sobbing at this point. Samandriel. My innocent, sweet, Samandriel had given himself up for a poor broken boy. I don't deserve him. Flashes of the cage come back to me. I try to fight them off, but they keep coming onto me. But instead of me receiving the torture, it's Samandriel. I'm being held back, forced to watch.

"SAMANDRIEL!" I yell. I'm a mess by this point.

"Take me take me take me take me! Let him go let him go!"!

I'm pounding on the ground. A woman appears.

"Are you sure that's what you want Adam?"

I look up. Her eyes turn into pits.

"Yes." I choke out.

She snaps her fingers and Samandriel appears beside me.

"Alfie!" I hug him. Tears are somehow still streaming down my face. He's crying as well.

"I love you Adam. I was... I was just trying to protecting you...."

The demon girl laughs.

I glare at her.

"You two passed."

She snaps her fingers and we appear in a nice little cozy area. There's a small house, and in the yard there's a tree with a hammock. There's a man standing in the doorway.

"Congratulations Adam and Samandriel. You passed the test."

We both look at him. "What test?" I ask.

"The test to see if you truly were worthy of each other. A human can only mate with an angel if they are worthy. And I seem you worthy Adam. By showing that you'd rather be tortured than watching Samandriel being tortured, you show you really care about him. I give you my blessings to mate."

"You're.... you're God..." Alfie says.

The man chuckles. "The one and only. Now enjoy your own heaven boys."

We race into the house, and spend the rest of eternity exploring heaven. Together.