Chapter Nine - Fangs and Claws -

It turns out that Eida is married to her mate for over 25 years. She met him at the age of 16 and practically married him then. Shes a very kind and smart lady. Shes beginning to get comfortable around me, which made me smile. She didn't ask anything about me, which I'm glad. I'm not the best with people, never were and most likely never will be. But conversations with Eida goes smoothly.

The pain in my back has healed completely but my rage was growing. And it was all toward Lucas."Can you take me to Angelo?" I asked Eida. I know that he is with Lucas. It the perfect way to question him, too warn him. I haven't done anything to anger him, so why did he stab me in the back? Literally. 

"Uh.. okay. But you'll need new clothes." I looked down at my body and noticed that I was indeed naked. I wasn't embarrassed, just uncomfortable.  I was born nude, raised practically nude. Why be embarrassed now?

Eida walked to the dresser, opened it and pulled out some clothes. "I think these will fit you. Miranda, Angelo and Rain's older sister, sometimes comes to visit. These are her clothes." I nodded, learning something new about Angelo. The outfit was very simple: a black, long sleeved tee, a pair of grey sweatpants with underwear. It fit me perfectly.

I brushed my red hair into a ponytail as Eida kept telling me stories about Angelo as a kid. I laughed as she told me about the fits and tantrums he used to throw when he didn't get what he wanted. "He would destroy everything in his sight! He was such a trouble maker." 

"You sound like your very close to him." I noted. She smiled, her kind eyes shining with unshed tears. 

"I used to take care of him when he was child. He is like a son to me. But anyways, lets get you to Angelo. Maybe seeing you awake can make him smile." I felt butterflies knowing I'm going to see him. 

~

The pack house was full of life. The decor made it feel very cozy and welcoming. It wasn't extremely large or mansion like. It was normal. I found myself smiling when I entered the living room. It was very beautiful. The walls were layers of beautiful compressed rock that combined great with the mahogany furniture in the room. The fireplace was the heart of the room. Several family pictures sat on top of the mantel. 

"Come on. You can admire everything later." Eida told me before grabbing my arm to steer me to Angelo's direction. She flinched when she touched me, noticing that my skin is colder than the normal human body temperature. I tried to not let her reaction bother me. But the key word in that is tried.  We walked down a hallway before coming to a stop at a large wooden door. Eida was going to knock but I walked in, my rage coming back at me at full force, knowing Lucas was in there. 

"-pack. You know how important this is Lucas. And quite frankly-" I stopped Angelo in mid sentence when he noticed my presence. He was sitting behind a desk looking as handsome as ever, while Lucas was leaning against the wall opposite of him. I breathed heavily with rage. Using my vampire speed, I charged and slammed him hard against the wall. "Jewels!" I heard Angelo's shocked voice. 

"Stabbing a stake to my back?! Real original. But lets make one thing clear," I placed my hand to his neck harder, choking him. "it doesn't benefit you to have me as an enemy." I hissed out. My eyes were probably black right now. 

"Jewels! Calm down." I slowly lifted Lucas up the wall, my grip on his neck getting tighter. Unexpectedly, he kicked me. The impact took my breath away. My back hit the wall opposite of him. My rage grew. 

"To think that Angelo almost convinced me to apologize to you...you just confirmed all my suspicious. You can't be trusted!" He growled out. He took out his claws but before he could take a step forward into my direction, Eida pulled him back.

"Can't be trusted?! You literally back stabbed me! What have I done to you?" My fangs were out as I spoke. I slowly stood up, glaring at him. "I know you don't like me and I'm not fond of you. But what you did was shady. What if I inject you with wolfsbane in your sleep? How would you feel?!" I yelled. I was getting ready to pull his eyes out, but Angelo pulled me back into his chest. That action calmed me a bit as the warmth filled me. 

"Enough!" He yelled, making both Lucas and I flinch. 

"Juju! Your awake!" Maya sweet voice filled the room. I forced my fangs back at the same time that Lucas retracted his claws. I crouched down to her level and smiled. Her smile and laughter was contagious. My anger instantly disappeared. 

"Hey there, buttercup! What are you wearing?" I laughed. She was wearing a yellow sundress with purple and pink polka dot stockings. Her pig tails bounced as she ran into my arms. 

"Rain and I were playing dress up. Do you like my hair? Luca did it." She told me as she looked at Lucas. I furrowed my eyebrows as I followed her gaze. He bit his lips nervously.

"Uh, you look like you had fun." I told her as I curled a pig tail with my finger. 

"Yeah! Me and Rain watched movies and ate all the candy!" Maya told me as she grinned mischievously. I narrowed my eyes at her.

"All the candy?" 

She laughed. "Noooo. I was kidding." She kept rambling on about her night. When I looked up, I noticed Eida and Lucas has left. Angelo was standing behind me, smiling as he listened to our conversation. Maya ran out the room, saying that she needed to wake up Rain. 

I looked at the clock and noticed it was 7 in the morning. I sighed. We had school in a bit. Angelo hugged me from behind. 

"Eat dinner with me later?" Was he asking me out on a date?

"I would love to."