Chapter Twenty Four - A little birdy -

I swallowed. The little confidence I had coming into the room vanished into thin air. Lucas' fast pumping heartbeat pounded in my ears. A feeling of desperation hit me. There were seven men in the room, gathered around a long table. They looked to be in their early thirties but feeling the surge of power in the room, I knew they were older than me.

Seeing most of them smirk as they saw the nervousness in my eyes lit a light bulb in my head. Are they really thinking of using Lucas against me? Anger consumed me.

"Winona, it's such a pleasure to finally meet you." The same male voice from before told me. My eyes followed the voice. The man was sitting at the end of the table, a dark glint in his golden eyes. His skin was so pale, the palest I've seen a vampire look. He gave me a bad vibe, they all did.

"I go by Jewels now." I declared, walking further into the room. Even though they sort of intimidate me, I will not let them discover my fear, my nervousness. Lucas' eyes were desperate. When he began to move, to reach towards me, he flinched: Wolfsbane, the ropes that tied him were drenched in liquid Wolfsbane.

I pitied him right now. He shouldn't have been brought into this situation. "Okay, why is he here?" I finally asked, my voice echoing across the room. The men peered at me, with golden eyes that unnerved me. The man who was sitting at the end of the table folded his arms, a smirk kissing his lips, making me twitch. I wanted to slap that smirk off his face.

"Why, my dear Winona," He began, totally ignoring the fact that I don't go by that name anymore. "You're friend is part of a deal we want to make with you." My breath hitched. A deal? "We were originally going to use your little mate, but this one was easier to trap." I see Lucas eyes darkening, he's mumbling something that I can't hear because of the duct tape on his mouth.

"Easier to trap?" I quietly mumbled, cocking my head to the side as I stared at a helpless Lucas. Where the hell was he that made him easier to catch him?

"He was at a flower shop, getting a gift for a beloved." The man walked over to Lucas, stopping when he was about four feet away. I shifted, feeling the air get thinner and thinner in the room. He crouched down. "Was it a little miss named Rain?" Questioned the man, talking directly to Lucas. Lucas' eyes widen, his darkened eyes blinking rapidly. The man stood and gestured toward a man that sat around the table. "Why don't we read the card? Would you hand me the card, Alec?"

I stiffened and looked at Lucas, his eyes pleading me. "Is this necessary?" I asked, making my tone sound dull, like if I was bored out of my mind.

The man nodded while a chuckle left his lips. The man whose name was Alec pulled a note out of his expensive looking, navy blue suit. When the man who I've been talking to this whole time had the card in his hands, he immediately began to read.

"Dear Rain," He started, his voice lowering, doing a bad job at impersonating Lucas. "I know you probably hate me and you might burn these ridiculous expensive flowers," I sort of smiled. Rain would be the one to burn flowers given to her by Lucas. "I just want to tell you I'm sorry. These words aren't enough to cover all the pain I caused you-"

"Stop!" I shouted, throwing my hands in the air. The men's eyes widen as they stared at me in shock. They didn't expect me to hear them mock Lucas and his heartily sorry apology, did they? "This is fucking ridiculous? Are you fucking 12 in human years?! Jez, grow the fuck up!" I yelled taking a step toward Lucas, with the intention of breaking those ropes off. His eyes were watering when the man was reading part of his note.

The men began to laugh, pressing a button that caused Lucas even more pain. The button suspended the rope which was connected to the ceiling. Why the fuck didn't I notice that before? Maybe it was because a room full of old vamps and a tied werewolf whose life was in my hands distracted me. No, that can't be it.