Chapter Five - Utterly vulnerable -

Rain immediately brought me into a hug, shocking everyone including myself. Her long brown hair smelled like cinnamon and apples. I returned the hug, awkwardly and gave the boys a small smile. Don't make this awkward, Jewels. Both Lucas and Angelo were so tall that they almost were as tall as my front door. I had to look up at them. Lucas' scowl never left his lips. Lucas is pretty attractive with his high cheek bones and dirty blond hair but his personalty just screws everything up. I focused my eyes on Angelo. I almost smiled as I saw the way his dark eyes were shinning with an unknown emotion. His strong jaw shifted as he smiled at me. God, hes so beautiful.

"So this is the brother you were talking about?" I asked Rain as she walked in. She mentioned earlier at school she had a brother that went to the school. Well I'm in a bit of a shock to find out that her brother is my mate. 

"Yes. Oh my God! I love your house!" She yelled as she looked around the living room. My living room honestly looks like one from the HGTV channel. My walls were a beautiful cream cappuccino color. The large sectional couch was lighter than my walls, with many different patterns of pillows decorating it. Everything was very modern and chic. But also pretty family friendly and cozy. Rain's light brown eyes light up as she was in awe with the place. When she saw that Lucas and Angelo were still standing at the door she yelled at them. "Get your butt cheeks in here you, turds!" I chuckled as I saw them slowly walk in. 

"Can you please close the door?" I asked Angelo. He gave me a flirty smile as he did as I asked. 

"Juju! Uh, I need your help!" I heard Maya yell from the kitchen. Hearing the sound of metal hitting the tile floor, I almost immediately ran in there, expecting the worse. I pulled Maya in my arms thinking she was hurt. 

"Baby, you okay? Do you have a boo boo? Tell me where-" Her giggles cut me off. 

"I'm not hurt, silly." She pointed to the floor, where a few cooking spoons and forks fell on the floor. "I dropped those and I can't get the plates." She told me. Of course she couldn't get the plates. She couldn't reach them. I kissed her forehead before putting her down. I felt Maya yank on my shirt as I brought down the plates. 

"What is it, buttercup?" 

When I looked down at her, I noticed her gaze was on something behind me. I followed her gaze, seeing Rain, Angelo and Lucas standing near the kitchen arch way. They were gaping. I blushed. "Who are these people, Juju?" Maya whispered to me, but I know they could hear her because of werewolf hearing. 

Rain stepped forward. "Hi, I'm Rain. I really like your shirt!" She complimented as she crouched down to Rain's level. 

"Thank you, I like it too! Juju bought it for me for my birthday. Isn't it pretty?" Maya twirled like a ballerina. We all laughed, even Lucas. They were all looking at Maya like if she was an angel. To me she was. 

"Yes, it's very pretty. You look like a princess." Angelo compliment. Maya walked up to him and crossed her arms. 

"A pretty princess?" Amusement filled Angelo's eyes as he smiled. 

"A very very pretty princess." He confirmed. She smiled at him and dropped her arms, like if he passed a test or something. She shocked everyone when she went to give everyone a hug. Even Lucas! As a good host, Maya walked everyone to the dinning room as I started to serve the food.

"Need help, beautiful?" I knew he was in the room because of the irresistible smell of pine cones and mint. His voice made me shiver. I didn't want to look at him. I didn't want to talk to him. What would I say to him? What could I say?

"Uh, no. I'm okay." I told him. My voice was little shaky and I'm pretty sure he noticed. Man, get a grip! I mentally yelled at myself. Why did I suddenly feel weak? Just his voice made me weak. I gasped when I felt his chest against my back and his hands running up and down my arms. My breathing stopped. The air was electrifying, filled with tension. Feeling his hot breath against my neck made me sigh. His scent clouded my mind and his touch made me numb. These feelings were so new. And it made me feel weak and utterly vulnerable. 

"Mate," He whispered against my ear, making me bit my lip. "so beautiful. Absolutely beautiful." I leaned against his chest. My emotions were all over the place. But his arms... being in his arms felt so right. They felt like if I belong in them. Hearing Maya's loud laughter pulled me from my daze. I pushed him away and turned to face him. I instantly missed his touch. Missed the warmth. He was shocked. He didn't expect me to pull away. I shook my head, almost as if trying to shake off the emotions, the tension. 

"No. This-this can't happen." I told myself. I shouldn't feel this vulnerable for this man. I looked into his eyes seeing hurt but then he tried to mask it. 

"You're my mate." He growled out as he started to come near me again. By the speed his heart was beating and how hard he was breathing, I knew I made him mad. "You're mine. Mine only." His chocolate brown eyes turned black, scary the shit out of me. Uh... down doggy?

But before I could even say anything, he was in front of me. I gasped. I was in his arms once again, the heat engulfing me. Oh no. I'm losing a battle that I thought I could have won. I placed my hands on his muscular chest, trying to push him away. Deep inside, I didn't want to. But I stopped fighting when I felt his lips on mine. I was defeated.