Chapter Eleven - Story telling -

"You have legs to die for!" Rain exclaimed as she handed me my combat boots. I smiled, mumbling a shy 'thanks'. My legs were probably my best attribute. Being 5'6 has it's perks. My outfit was casual and comfortable. I was wearing floral jeans with my favorite cream colored leather jacket. I was content. I let Rain apply liquid eye liner and mascara.

"So are you like weirded out that I'm going on a date with your brother?" I asked. Her jaw dropped.

"Of course not! I'm glad you're his mate instead of some pack whore!" She exclaimed. She sat down on my king bed, her eyes on me."It should weirded me out, but surprisingly, it doesn't." She added.

"I'm glad. I don't think I can deal if you were gross out." We both laughed.
~
I giggled as I jumped on Angelo's back. "I feel childish." I told him as I wrapped my arms around him, burying my face into his neck. I felt his laugh before I heard it. He said we were going to walk around the forest. I'm glad we weren't going to some fancy restaurant or anything.

"If I get to hear that giggle of yours, I want you to feel childish all the time." I laughed at his lame pick up line, causing him to blush.

"That was adorable." I said, kissing his cheek. This felt perfect. For once in my extremely long life, everything felt perfect. As he walked with me on his back, we talked. I learned things from his favorite color to his most memorable memories. Nothing was awkward. Nothing was uncomfortable.

I got down from his back and fixed my gloves. When I heard the sudden movements of footsteps, I come to see a missing Angelo.

"Angelo! Come on! I don't know these woods!" I yelled. I looked all around. I sat down and stared at the sky, waiting for Angelo to appear. He wouldn't have left me in the woods alone. The wind blew my hair causing my red locks to swarm everywhere. It was 6pm and the sunset was looking so beautiful through the trees, so familiar.

The world was once a beautiful place, in my imagination. As a young child I always dreamed of what it would be like to grow up, become independent, move away to an island of pure paradise. Where the sun sat half-exposed at the horizon, where I could stand with the water curling around my toes, as I looked out to the silhouettes of palm trees, and where I could watch the sun slide dramatically behind the skyline, leaving the bold white moon to shine silver beams on the rippling facade. But that was only a childhood dream, a fantasy.

A flash of red pulled me out of my thoughts. A giant red wolf appeared from within the trees. His fur was as red as my hair. He was absolutely beautiful: Angelo.

"You're perfect." I said, running my fingers through his hair. He licked my face, causing me to giggle. "You want to go hunting?" I asked. I haven't drank since yesterday. He nodded his huge wolf head. I got up and patted the snow off my behind.

Surprising him, I smirked before I ran. I heard his playful low growl as he tried to catch up with me. My laugh traveled through the wind as I used my vampire speed. I slowed when I heard a familiar noise. Far ahead I saw a herd of deer. I automatically felt my fangs extracting. Angelo was in a low crouch position.

Slowly I walked towards the herd, trying not to make a single noise. I turned to Angelo to see him already looking at me. I physically did a countdown to zero.

In less than two seconds, I took down two of the deer, oblivious to the rest of the herd. I only killed them, haven't drained their blood yet. I looked to see Angelo take a deer down. The rest of the herd noticed and ran away.

Angelo and I silently devoured our hunt. But the silent was welcoming, comforting. When we finished I sat in front of him, my back leaning on his tummy. I mindlessly caressed him.

"Angelo, can we talk now?" I asked. I wanted to get this over with. I heard his little whine of displeasure. "Please?" I asked my voice matching his tone. He nodded, signaling me to go ahead. Where do I start? I wanted to tell him everything, so he can understand. So I started from the beginning.

"I used to be an adventurous and obedient girl. I would always listen to what my father said. I was the youngest in my family, the baby in everyone's eyes. My father was very protective of me since I was his only child. My mother died at child birth, so it was always just me and him. He had several mistresses but that doesn't matter" I said, shaking my head.

My eyes shifted toward the trees. "You see, my father was very successful. He had this huge farm. So, when he asked me one day to accompany him to visit a friend's farm, it was no surprise. While visiting my father's friend, I met a strange guy.I don't remember his names but in my eyes, he was beautiful." I heard Angelo's growl, causing me to laugh.

"He was very kind, and throughout the gathering. He wanted to show me something in one of the barns. I was so naive, so innocent. Right when I walked in, he had me pinned against him." I felt tears welling in my eyes. "He started trying to undress me. I fought and fought, but god he was strong. I screamed and screamed, but no one heard. Then everything went black as he hit me against the head. I woke up in pure blackness. I couldn't breath correctly and dirt filled my eyes. I was buried in the ground. My head hurt, my lungs ... my neck. I had to dig my way out. Afterwards, I found a river, for the purpose to drink water, but when I saw myself..." The tears began to fall freely.

"My eyes were red with hunger. I was all alone... That day I found out that more than fifty years have passed and my home has been wiped out. Hundreds of miserable years later, I met Micheal, Maya's brother. He was my first ever boyfriend." I laughed when I felt Angelo's growl.

"He is a warlock. I thought he was a kind and genuine person but he showed his true colors eventually. Using magic, he would hurt me internally, causing me to feel pains that I have never thought possible. I never knew why he did what he did. Through that part of my life, I met Maya. She was a three year old toddler that was in love with my red hair." I smiled. My angel.

"Somehow, she gave me the strength to stand up toward Micheal. So one day, when he was pretty intoxicated, I kicked his sorry ass, threatened him, and took Maya. Since then, it is has been just Maya and me." I finished. Sometime while I was talking, Angelo shifted back and put on his clothes.

He took my hand and made a motion for me to get on his back. When I did, he took off running. Neither one of us said a word. Thousands of thoughts went through my mind. He is the first person I have ever told that story. When we arrived at my house, he placed me down on my feet.

"Angelo-" I started but was cut off by his soft lips. The kiss was so soft and gentle that all thoughts left my mind.

"Nothing is going to get in between of us. I won't let it. I will protect us and what we have. Even if I have to go against my own kind." He told me.

"What do we have Angelo?" I asked quietly. What were we?

He smiled. "I was getting to that. Look, I know it's extremely early, but I'll do this the human way." I looked at him, confused. He picked up a flower from my little garden bed next to my door. When he turned back to me, I saw the anxiousness in his eyes.

He offered me the pink flower. "Will you be mine, officially?"