Chapter Thirty Five - Bewitched Part 2 -

Angelo's P.O.V.

"I love you beyond words. You can't even imagine." I breathed out. My gaze fell on a picture I had of Jewels on my desk. I could never look at her and think, "She looks like any other girl." I would always want to reach through the picture and grab her, pull her to me, have her with me. 

She was perfect to me but fragile, like a glass figurine, needing my protection even if her skin was an impenetrable force.

Our Mate is not weak! 

'Calm down, Aalto.' I thought, trying to push my wolf back down. It seems like all he ever wanted to do now was claim our Little Red, to mark her as ours forever. He whined and I saw him in my head, pawing the ground. His red fur was matted down, and his eyes were slits as growls rumbled throughout him. Even when calmed, he looked like a worried Alpha. I loved his red fur, which tied us to Jewels.

I remembered when I had first turned: I was thirteen. My father had looked at my wolf and laughed, petting its fiery fur "Red, eh? What a feisty color, hijo." Since then, I had dreamed of what my mate would look like, and wondered if she was part of the pack. But there were only two red heads then- an old lady who had lost her mate years ago in a pack war and a woman who was already happily mated and with a child. So, I strongly believed she was part of another pack.  Boy, was I way off track.

I don't care who or what she is. She is mine, to love and hold forever. Why are we waiting so long to claim her? He growled.

'We have to wait until she is ready, Aalto. When she is ready.' He whimpered and sulked over to a corner, laying down. His brown eyes watched me through my eyes, always seeing what I saw. Suddenly, his ears perked up and he whispered a soft word, almost too soft to hear. I rolled my eyes and leaned in, angry.

'Soon, Aalto. Now, sto-'

No!  His eyes turned black with anger. Our mate is angry. They are trying to force the position upon her. What? Seconds later his eyes widen. Shes planning on accepting. But that would mean-

'She would have to leave.' No. She wouldn't. We talked about it. 'You must be wrong! How can you know if we haven't mated yet?' I stood up from my office chair, feeling agitated as I paced around the room. Jewels would not leave me. Not after yesterday. Not after asking me to finally claim her. She just couldn't...

I am not wrong! He exploded. I have been watching through her eyes since she has left. I know we aren't mated so it confuses me just as much as you on why I am able to do this. 

So what has he seen? And why didn't he tell me before dammit! 

What is she doing?! Oh God...

'What is it? What is she doing?'

Here, see. Aalto growled, pushing against the barrier that separates us, trying to take over. I stopped pacing and whined, holding my head as I felt my eyes change. I had Aalto's eyes now. I opened my eyes to see my beautiful Jewels looking uncertain, her grey eyes dark. She was speaking to a tall, pale vampire, his eyes dark red. He had this sadistic smirk kissing his lips. I didn't like him immediately.

Jewels posture was tense. She was near a large door, her knees bent, almost like she was in defense mode. The guy said something that made Jewels' eyes widen, a storm inhabiting her eyes. She was scared. I wanted to kill the vamp, ripping to shreds for making her feel that way. Their lips were a blur, so I couldn't read them. Moments later, I see Jewels start to take slow steps toward the bastard, her moves hesitant.  Soon there was an old looking, old fashioned scroll on a pillar, with an ink feather in a small container. 

I watched her pull out a knife from one of her boots, using it to slice into her hand. Blood pooled quickly. She made a fist over the container where the ink is supposed to be. 

"Oh God! What is she doing, Aalto?!" I yelled out loud, anger in my voice because he pulled away from the barrier, giving me back control. I ran my hands through my hair several times, my head trying to wrap itself around the fact that Jewels was going to join the clan, going against everything we have talked about.

Rain, who probably must of heard me yell, barged into my study, her eyes worried as a confused Lucas walked behind her, his arm on her shoulder "Angelo? Angelo? What's wrong?" My heart was racing. What was going to happen if, when she joined? I felt myself start to sweat. "Its Jewels right?" She asked a little hesitant. Taking my silence as an answer, she gasped, her hand flying to her chest. "It is! Whats wrong? Where is she?" She growled, grabbing me by my shoulders to shake me, fear in her eyes as Lucas grabbed her own shoulders, trying to calm her.

Before I could answer, my phone rang. I immediately answered without seeking the caller ID, hoping it was Jewels. "Hello, is this Angelo?"

"Hi, Mrs. Cruz. Si, soy yo." (Yes, its me.) She sounded so worried, making me even more tense.

"No puedo encontrar la niña." (I can't find the girl.) Maya. Jewels told me she left Maya with Mrs. Cruz. My heart dropped. 

"What! Pero, que paso?" (But, what happened?) She told me that she tucked Maya and her daughter to sleep at 9pm, to then go to their room an hour later to put Maya's bag in there. She was petrified to see Maya not in her bed, no where in the house.  

"Has llamado Jewels?" (Have you called Jewels?) I couldn't imagine what Jewels would do if she found out. Thats when everything clicked. The vamp guy probably is blackmailing her with Maya, forcing Jewels to join the clan: sick bastard!

She started to cry. "Ella me va a matar!" (Shes going to kill me!) Rushing, I gave the phone to Lucas to have him deal with a hysterical Mrs. Cruz, but all he did was hang up the phone. I put on my sneakers, slipping on a light jacket. 

"Where are you going?" Rain asked, following as I made my way through the pack house. When I made it to the garage, seeing her still on my tail, I halted.

"Where do YOU think you're going? I forbid you to follow. This is danger-" Rain angrily walked up to me, stood nose to nose, and began jabbing me with her index finger. 

"Listen here, Alpha. Jewels is my best friend. I'm going too, no matter what you say. There is no use in arguing either, you hear? So, lead the way!" I opened my mouth to object, but Rain just rolled her eyes and grabbed Lucas, who looked guilty for hanging up on Mrs. Cruz. I gave him a look that said: What about you? Why are you coming?

"She's the boss. I'll follow her anywhere. Plus, Bloodsucker is alright, not bad. And if Rain likes her," here he paused, grinning, showcasing his good guy charms, and shrugged his shoulders. "I like her too." I looked at him, then at my sister's determined face. I had a team. People who would understand. Who would help. I rolled my eyes, ordering Aalto to show me the way to her. 

I'm coming, Little Red.