Chapter Thirty Nine - Bewitched Part 6 -

AN: What do you guys think of this book cover, made by the amazing ZeinHasan! Read his book btw, its really cool.

So should I change it to this one?

Or keep the one I have?

:)

Enjoy the Chapter

Angelo's POV

My heart felt as if my blood had become tar, struggling to keep a steady beat. Her heart seemed to come out of its cage, her back arching as she collapsed. The scene made my breath hitch, my eyes flickering around the room, wondering if this is really happening. But the pain I felt in my chest confirmed it.

I ran over to her before her head could touch the floor. Heat illuminated from her chest, a dimmed light coming from within, before it was gone. I swallowed. Come on Jewels. Come on baby. Show me your beautiful grey eyes, show me you're alright.

I looked up, my eyes widening when I realized what was happening with Maya, who's teary eyes soon became absolutely white. She screamed, causing Rain and Lucas, who were also knelled beside me, to cover their ears. The furniture in the room stated elevating, chairs swirling around the air, the long mahogany table being the last object that rose before it was slammed down on top of a body behind her: the wizard. She turned around to him, moved her arms to the side causing the floor to open, sucking him in.

She was sobbing as she did this. I wanted to comfort her, take her in my arms and tell her that Jewels was fine. She was strong. But the aura that she gave off was so powerful that my wolf didn't even want to get too close to her. She was breaking. She was transitioning.

It seemed like the wizard being sucked up by the Earth wasn't enough for her. She reached out before yanking her hand back to her side, causing the wizard to be pulled up from the floor. He was a bloody mess, but one look at the idiot's smirk made me growl. He was going to die tonight, whether its by Maya or me.

I turned my attention back to my mate. She was motionless. No breathing, even though she didn't have to, no temperature, shes usually cold anyway and the lack of movement in her eyes made my eyes water. No! I refuse to believe shes gone. Shes a 50o year old vampire. Shes the strongest person I know. She can't be truly gone. She couldn't have left me alone in this world.

Tears threatened to spill. I didn't even get to mark her. I didn't even get the chance to propose to her, to make love to her for the first time, to wake up and go to sleep with her for the rest of my life. I wanted to have a family with her, adopt a house full of kids with her, share every part of me with her. There was so much for us...

"Angelo..." Rain rested her hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see her teary brown eyes, a reflection of mine. I could see that she wanted to sob, hug Jewels until she was forced off. She wanted to come to terms with her feelings because we all knew that she wasn't going to come back. She was hurt by a witch. It wasn't Lucas' wooden stake, it wasn't a bullet where she could easily take out and heal in less than ten minutes. "we need to help Maya." she whispered. It was hard for her to say that. I respected her for it.

I looked to the action taking place in the room. The wizard was dangling from Lucas' arms as Maya threw bolts of energy toward him. I lightly laid Jewels' head on Rain's lap, before getting up and think of what to do next. The wizard was going to die, but then what? On cue, Maya screamed like a banshee, before putting her hands in fists, causing the wizard to disintegrate and disappear. He was gone.

"Maya... baby girl..."

Maya's head whipped to look at me, her white eyes making me uneasy. We stared at each other for a few seconds before her eyes darked into her blue irises. They instantly became filled with tears.

"Jello." She sobbed, running into my arms. "Shes gone." My vision blurred. Pictures of me and Jewels, Jewels and Maya, Maya with Rain, or Lucas floated in my mind.

"Sh.. baby girl. You are strong. She would want you to be strong right now." I whispered into her hair. I carried her over to Jewels. Lucas and Rain running their hands over her now dull red hair: lifeless.

And then the worst thing happened. I couldn't smell her. She lost her scent. A wave a dizziness hit me as I felt my wolf cry out in pain. My breathing accelerated as sweat started to pour. My soul felt heavy. It was separating itself from her. She was truly gone.

"Angelo!" I heard after collapsing, right next to Jewels. "Hold on! We are going to get help!" It was Rain. But nothing could help me now. To come so close to pure love and loose it so violently is something no medication can heal.

Third Person's POV

No one realized what was actually happening. Not even the doer herself. Maya held such a powerful connection with her norther, Jewels, that her power was actually curing her. Maya's sobs refreshed her insides. Maya's shaking pumped blood through her veins. Maya was curing her from the one thing she was truly suffering from. But it all came with a cost.

AN: Really short but I was so excited to upload this.

What is Jewels' really suffering from?

How is Jewels going to be cured?

What do you think is going to happen next?