Chapter Thirty Four - Bewitched Part 1 -

Jewels P.O.V.

My skin was turning a pale pink as I scrubbed the paint off my skin. A recollection of moments that happened a few hours ago made me grin. The way his dark eyes would glisten when his lips quirked up, and how he would bite his bottom lip when concentrating drove me crazy. He is so perfect. Tonight was perfect.

I closed my eyes tightly, thinking of the appointment I had with Ravnos in an hour. I still haven't decided what I would say to them. But I know one thing; I can't be selfish. I have to think of Maya, of Angelo. Do I want to expose Maya to the ugliness of this hate filled world? I frowned. How long could I protect her?

I tried to get the paint from under my fingernails, getting frustrated when it wouldn't wash off. Somewhere deep inside myself, I knew that my frustrations were on what was to come, and nothing on how I looked like a human paint brush. After five minutes of harsh scrubbing and angry murmuring, I shut off the water.

It was forty five minutes past ten. I have plenty of time to myself before meeting Ravnos. I'm pretty sure Maya was sleeping. She was at Crystal's house, Mrs. Cruz's daughter. I sighed.

I dressed in dark jeans with a tank top, throwing on a leather jacket. Wrapping my wet hair around my fingers and fastening it with a hair tie, I made a ponytail. I didn't think much about my appearance, too worried on the meeting. I tried to keep telling myself that I shouldn't worry, there is nothing to be concerned about. I heard my phone ring. Angelo

"Hey," I answered.

"Hi, little red. So are you really going?" I told him about the whole Ravnos thing. I'm trying to not keep things from him because I wouldn't like it if he kept things from me.

"Yeah. Hopefully they'll leave me alone after."

"I seriously doubt it. They want you for a reason." Hes right. I frowned.

"What am I going to say? What am I going to do?" I groaned, falling on top of my bed dramatically. I just wanted to be alone, away from people and just asleep. But I knew solitude and sleep are no more than signals to summon up ugly phantoms.

"Baby, whatever you do, just know that I'm with you on it one hundred percent." I smiled, even though I knew he couldn't see me.

"I know. Same for me, pine cones and mint." I teased.

"Pine cones and mint?"

I laughed. "That's your scent. The first time I met you, that's all I called you in my head because I didn't know your name."

"Oh. Well I just called you red."

I rolled my eyes. " Figures."

"Listen, I have to take care of some stuff. Be careful, ok?" The fact that he's worried about me made me smile. It was a reminder that I shouldn't feel alone.

"Ha! Funny..."

"Jewels" His voice was stern.

"Okay, wolfy." I sighed. "I love you." A few days ago, I had to search up the word 'love' because I was so confused. I knew that what I felt for Angelo was strong, therefore I wanted to identify it. Was it love? Or was it lust?

Love and lust were like identical twins, similar on the outside but often mistaken for one another. But on the inside, they couldn't be anymore different.

One is purely physical. Its an attraction of the body. Its transient. The other is more complicated to explain. Its the warm smile that spreads across your face when you see that special person, the fresh spring that awakens in your heart when they laugh, life being worthless if that person isn't with you. I simply both as one that is worth your time, while the other isn't.

Angelo is worth my time; loving him is worth my time.

There is no looking back. I've fallen deeply in love with him and theres nothing I can do but love him with every ounce of my body. He brings me joy, happiness and love, something I thought I would never have.

"I love you beyond words.You can't even imagine." I closed my eyes tightly at his words.If only he knew how much those words meant to me.

~

To a bystander, I probably looked like an angered old lady, pumped on Red Bull while driving. I was passing the normal speed limit, taking crazy turns and eating stop lights. But I didn't care. I needed to meet Ravnos in ten minutes. I was suppose to meet Carlton at the railroad station like last time.

My stomach started churning when I arrived. The same black Bugatti was there, with its tinted black windows. I put my phone and keys in my pocket, leaving everything else in the trunk of my car.

Carlton got out the car, smirking as he took off his shades.What is up with him and shades? Why was he wearing sunglasses at night? Whatever. Like I care.

"Winona" He nodded, opening the passenger door for me.

"What a gentlemen." I commented coldly.

The drive to the abandon factory was silent. I noticed Carlton's tensed shoulders as his jaw clenched every now and then. There was something so familiar about him. And it irked me.

I felt deja vu while walking into the building. It was the same like last time. Drunken vampires laughing, dried up blood on the corners of their lips. But it looked like their were less of them in here. It wasn't that crowded.

Seeming to have read my face, Carlton said: "Many of us migrated South." What are they? Fucking birds?

"Why?" He took my elbow, steering me down a familiar narrow hallway.

"Hunters"

Ah great. Something more to worry about. I groaned. "How close are they?"

"Pretty close" Like that helped. We reached a the large, cherry wood door.

"You're not coming in, right?"

"Nope. You are on your own." He gave me a long look, almost assessing me. I felt a little uncomfortable. He leaned in to whisper in my ear. "Listen, I can't repeat myself." I gulped. "They know everything. You have to leave. Find a way out. Once your in too deep, you find--" He stopped abruptly, groaning in pain as he leaned against the door.

I gasped seeing six darts on his side. They carried something because in a matter of seconds he was unconscious. I looked back to see who shot that, only to see nothing. There was no scent left. I breathed heavily, panicking a little inside. I looked at Carlton. What was he going to say I was going to find? It can't be good, I know that much.

I closed my eyes tightly, summoning my inner strength before opening the door. Here goes nothing.

Upon entering, I expected to see a full panel of of old vampires. But it was just Aelius. He was leaning against the table, arms crossed.

"Finally you're here. Lets get down to business."