Chapter Seventeen - Love Triangle -

"Lucas."

The tears that ran down Rain's cheeks almost made my eyes moisten. I pulled her into a hug as she sobbed on my bare shoulder. Lucas? Fucking Lucas? I was debating whether I should feel angry at Lucas, Miranda or both. Or if I should pity Rain; she has a selfish bitch as a sister and a jerk as a mate. 

Seeing Rain's vulnerability in her eyes made me feel like I'm staring at a dead puppy. Shes always full of energy, annoying the shit out of me sometimes. But wheres that energy now? Did it vanish because of her asshole of a mate?

As Rain cried, I thought of ways to castrate Lucas. He must have known long ago that Rain was his mate so why was he with Miranda? "Jewels?" Rain's soft voice filled my ears. She pulled back and wiped her tears, showing me her perfect manicured nails.

"Hm?" 

"Please don't tell Angelo anything." Fear flashed through her light brown eyes. Why not? She stood up and fixed her dress. "Lucas is his best friend, his future beta. I don't want to be the cause of their-" 

"Shhh," I interrupted. "Get those thoughts out of your mind." I said as I stood up. I would not tell Angelo, if it will keep Rain sane. "Now lets get your booty down there so you can have fun. This is your birthday party. Don't let a jerk like Lucas put you down." I saw a small smile appear on her face. 

As we walked down the stairs, arm in arm, my eyes were searching for a blond haired male: Lucas. I frowned, not finding him. "Jewels, I'm going to go dance." Rain declared as she made her way to the dance floor. As I walked around the living from, I saw no sign of Lucas or Miranda. 

"Hey, Bloodsucker!" The next person who calls me that is going to wish they were dead. I'm sick and tired of the goddamn nickname. I get it! I'm literally a bloodsucker. But I have a name. And if they don't know, I wouldn't mind, "Hey redhead! Yeah you!" Bloodsucker is actually starting to offend me in a way I couldn't explain.

Yeah I'm a vampire. So what? What's your point? I consume blood to stay 'alive' and obtain non human abilities. But what about werewolves? They turn into wolfs! I'm just not comprehending why I'm the demon here when werewolves aren't saints either. 

When I turned to face the person who called me, I see a group of drunken teenagers. The stench of alcohol annoyed me. They were all guys except for a girl. She was short, probably 4'11. But what made her stand out was her bright pink hair. It was cut into a bob and it surprisingly looked good on her. I raised an eyebrow as I noticed her hide behind on of the guys. She was scared of me. 

"What the heeelllll," A tall guy that stood in the middle slurred. "are you doinng here?!" Hes making my mood worse. I'm not in my right mindset to keep calm. I was on the brink of attacking. 

"Don't worry about it. It's none of your business." I told him as I turned away. Before I could even take a step, he placed his hand on my arm. I saw red. 

"I'll give you three seconds to take your dirty hand off me." I snarled, my fangs extracting. I didn't know what was happening to me. I was feeling overwhelmed with so much anger that I actually wanted blood to be shed. I wanted to hurt this person. And he didn't do anything bad to me. I usually have self control as hard as steel, but it was slowly disintegrating.  

He laughed, his grip tightening on my arm.  My eyes were pitch black. I turned around, but before I could do anything, Angelo's scent enveloped me. I felt his chest on my back, and the warmth that filled me calmed me. It put out a flame the ignited in me. 

"Fernando, take your hand off her!" He growled, his tone demanding. I had to admit that it was hot seeing him in his alpha nature. 

The guy, whose name I learned was Fernando, immediately took his hand off me. His eyes widen as he listened to Angelo's command. He cowardly stumbled behind his group of friends. I noticed the pink haired girl peeking a look at me and Angelo, confusion clear in her face.