Chapter Seven - Blood -

"Is he going to be okay?" I asked, staring at Lucas' unconscious body on the floor. Angelo shifted behind me as he snuggled into my neck. I inhaled sharply. The warmth was everywhere. And I loved it, knowing I shouldn't. As he wrapped his arms around my waist, I felt myself leaning against him. I loved this. I no longer felt cold and empty. His scent was driving me crazy, clouding my thoughts. 

"Your smell is so enticing." He whispered softly in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. "I can't get enough." His words were like bucket of cold water. I pushed his arms away from my waist and moved away from. Not feeling the warmth of his body against mine almost make me frown. Almost. 

Having some distance from him, made me gain some senses. I felt the strong urge for blood hit me like acid rain. I have been trying to ignore it through out the whole day. But I can no longer ignore it. My head was pounding.

Angelo sighed heavily as he ran his hand through his dark hair. "Jewels, we need to talk." I knew exactly what he wanted to talk about. And honestly, I did not want to talk about right now. Not when I'm hungry and stressed. Werewolf stress to be exact. I could feel the ache in my mouth, indicating my fangs are going to extract soon.

"Later." Or never. I stepped away from him and headed to the kitchen. I needed to find blood. And soon.

~

I groaned as I looked the kitchen fridge. I always have an emergency blood bag. But I never have it in view for Maya to see. Shes an innocent human girl, oblivious to the supernatural world. I kept the blood in a steel metal box in the back of the fridge, behind the eggs. Maya knows that what's in the box is a 'no no' for her. She never questioned it, thank the heavens. 

I yanked the metal box open and took the blood bag. Placing the metal box where it was, I closed the fridge. My fangs were out, already anticipating the sweet taste. I licked my lips. I was oblivious to the fact that Angelo was standing near the archways, staring at me curiously as I bit into the bag. 

My eyes closed as I moaned softly. I don't usually have human blood in my diet. I mix animal blood in human food, so I could look normal in front of Maya. But once a month, I do drink a blood bag of AB negative blood, my favorite. My taste buds were exploding in my mouth as I emptied the bag. My headache was almost instantly gone. 

When I was done, I sighed in content. I threw the empty blood bag in the trash and faced Angelo. His eyes were large as he started at me. His face was expressionless. I gulped. What did he think of me? I just drank blood in front of his face. Was he disgusted? Was he ashamed to have me as his mate? 

"Can we talk now?" He asked, almost sarcastically, as he began to walk to me. I held my arms up.

"We can talk, if your at least five feet away from me." I told him. He halted. A smirk kissed his lips. 

"Alright then, little red." Little red? I rolled my eyes. 

"Listen. Let's get this over with. I know you didn't expect to have a vampire as a mate. And quite frankly, I wasn't aware vampires can have mates. Here's the problem. I'm a vampire, you're a werewolf. We are natural enemies and cannot possibly be mates. Do you understand that, mutt?" I snarled. 

He growled as he charged at me. He caged me against the wall next to the fridge. "I will not take disrespect from anyone! Especially not my mate!" His eyes were darkening. He was so close to my flushed face. I felt his breath against my lips. If he thought for one second I was going to play the submissive mate, he thought wrong. Using my vampire strength, I pushed him back with so much forced, he practically flew to the other end of the kitchen, hitting the wall. 

I breathed heavily, as I walked up to him. "I'm not a werewolf, Alpha." I teased. "You can't tell me what to do and what not to do. So don't even try." The look on his face was one of disbelief with a tint of anger. He got up and stalked toward me. I was not backing down. 

"Now you listen, little red. You are mine. You belong to me! You better get used to seeing my pretty face more often because you are not leaving my side. I have waited too long for you and now that I have you, I'm not letting you slip through my fingers. Understood?" He growled. Under normal circumstances, I would have felt flattered by the way he was insisting that he was going to be by my side, but these aren't normal circumstances. I was mad. It was like if everything I told him seconds ago went through one ear and came out the other. 

"Over my undead body." I smirked. "I don't belong to you! I'm not some possession for you to-" I suddenly felt this pain in my back. The pain hit me so fast, that I had dropped to the floor on my knees, mouth gaping open.

I looked down to see a wooden stake piercing through my chest. My blood was spilling over the tip of the stake, hitting the white tiled floor in droplets. I felt myself gasping for air. I couldn't hear anything. My vision was getting blurry. The last thing I hard before I blacked out was Angelo yelling: "What the hell, Lucas!"