Chapter Fifteen - Throwing threats -

I heard the punch before I actually felt it. When her fist met my jaw, I was in temporary shock. A snap of a bone filled my ears. The force of her punch caused me to stumble back against the lockers, crouching a little as my hand held my jaw. I looked up at the brunette, who's name I learned was Miranda. Eida, the pack doctor, mentioned her when I needed to borrow clothes. So this is Angelo's older sister? I could see the resemblance: high cheeks bones and dark hair. Her eyes were light brown, like Rain's. 

It looked like all the werewolves in the hallway started to gather around. A few gasps were heard as the pumping of heartbeats accelerated. Some smirked as they witness what was happening. Miranda was glaring down at me. A sudden rush of rage filled me. And I didn't contain it. I stood up straight and cupped my jaw. A cracking sound filled the silent hallway as I popped my jaw back into place. Who the fuck does she think she is?

"Nice punch." I complimented with a dead tone. My eyes were most likely black by now as I narrowed them at her. "It was kind of a pussy move, if you ask me. I mean, come on! Punch a stranger in the face when they least expect it. Real smooth." I smirked as I took a step toward her direction. I wasn't thinking straight right now. Rage ran through my cold blooded veins. "But I can't expect much from a dirty bitch now, can I?" 

If she were a cartoon, she would have had steam coming out her ears as her face redden in anger. "Excuse me? Who the hell do you think you're talking too?! This isn't your territory!" She growled out as she took a step forward. Rain stepped in and held Miranda back. 

"Who do YOU think you're talking too? This isn't your territory either, bitch." I responded before Rain could even say anything to Miranda. In less than 2.5 seconds, a series of events happened. Miranda pushed Rain so hard, she flew backwards, into the arms of Lucas. My fangs and her claws extracted at the same time, before she leaped to charge at me. 

I saw red. Have you ever been so goddamn angry that you couldn't feel anything? Couldn't feel pain or any other physical emotion? I didn't feel anything as she slammed me up against the locker. She doesn't even know me, and she was showing so much anger, so much hatred. But the bitch had another thing coming if she thinks that I'm just gonna stand here and take it. 

I knelled her in the stomach, satisfied when I heard her groan as she let go off me. I kicked her down until she was laying on the ground. I kicked in the face. Again, again and again. She started screaming. 

"You mother fucking b-" I kicked her again to shut her up. 

"Listen, bitch. I don't take orders from no one. So don't come up to me," I told her leaning down and slamming my fist to her face. I heard a bone break. "making fucking demands. You don't know me." I grunted as I punched her again. "And it's better it stays like that." Blood was spilling out her mouth as a bruise began to form around her eyes. 

"SOMEONE GET ANGELO!" I heard someone scream. 

She raised her leg up and kicked me back, throwing me back into the lockers. "I can make demands if I want. Stay the fuck away from my brother and we won't have problems." She said as she clawed my sides and arms. 

"We'll I think we will have problems then." I smirked before slamming my head against her's. The whole time Rain was screeching, telling us to stop, but she was being held back. What surprised me was that everyone was just watching, saying things like "Fucking bloodsucker!" and "Beat her the fuck down, Miranda!" That spiked up my anger. 

I wrapped my arms around her neck, choking her. She gasped as she clawed my hands. I pressed harder. I was not planning on killing her. No, not at all. She was my mate's sister. He would never forgive me. I just wanted to send her a message. One she is not receiving apparently. 

"Stay the fuck out of my way and I'll stay out of yours. Keep making demands, keep intervening in shit that doesn't concern you and see where that will get you." I told her as I pulled her closer. I leaned over her shoulder, whispering in her ear. "I'll give you a hint. You'll end up six feet underground." I threw her, as she landed in someones arms. She began to cough, her eyes watering. 

I picked up my backpack that was on the floor and swung it over my shoulder. I smiled as I looked at Rain. She was struggling in Lucas' arms. "I'll text you later tonight." I told her as I walked down the hallway. Everyone was stepping aside, giving me space. 

"Hey, bloodsucker!" I heard Miranda yell.I halted, not looking back though. "Watch your back." It was a threat. Oh, I'll watch it alright.

~

"If you have three apples and I give you four more, how many will you have?" I was struggling to keep Maya on task. She was trying to do her homework, but was starting to get tired and lose interest. She was sitting on the counter as I was cutting potatoes to make homemade fries. 

"But you don't like apples." Was her response as she rubbed her eyes. 

I sighed. "Okay. How about you put your homework away and help me with dinner." She squealed as she jumped down. I knew that would make her happy. My little chef

Dinner took longer to make than usual. It was mostly because I was remembering what happened hours ago. My mate's sister hates me. But hate is a feeling I'm familiar with. His dad hates me. His future beta/best friend hates me. His pack hates me. Who's next? "Helloooo? Juju!" Maya's voice brought me out of my thoughts.

"Huh? Oh, I'm sorry buttercup. How are the nuggets?" I asked as I dipped my dinosaur shaped nugget in ketchup. 

"I wanted the princess shaped ones!" 

I rolled my eyes playfully. "Only princesses get them!" I told her as I stuck my tongue out at her. 

She gaped. "I am a princess! Stop being a meanie, momma." I laughed as I scooped her up into my arms. 

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry, your highness. Want to take a bubble bath?" She smiled a toothy grin. She yelled 'yes' before getting out of my arms and running upstairs. 

"I'll be up in a minute." I yelled as I started to clean up. Maya was so good on putting me in a good mood without even trying. I texted Rain a while back ago but I got no reply. Was she mad at me for fighting with her sister? I frowned. I hoped not. She was my first friend in centuries. I didn't want to lose her. 

~

I ran my fingers through Maya's golden brown curls. I hummed softly as she slowly fell into a peaceful sleep. "I love you, princess." I whispered, kissing her forehead. I turned off the bedroom light, only leaving her pink lava lamp illuminating the room. 

After a well needed shower, I ran excitedly to my room, hearing my cellphone ringing. I was hoping it was Rain. But it wasn't. I answered wearily, seeing an unknown caller ID. 

"Hello?" 

"Hello, little red." I smiled. Angelo. After such a long day, it was nice hearing his voice.  

"This pet name isn't working for me." I told him as I put him on speaker. I only had a towel around me. 

"It works for me. So how are you?" He asked stiffly. He knows. He knows about the encounter I had with Miranda. I could hear it in his voice. 

"Eh. I could be better." I sighed as I walked to my dresser to get my underwear. "How are you?" I asked as I slipped on a pair of red girl-boxers. 

"Eh. I could be better." He threw back the same words I said. I chuckled, looking for one of the many band tees I use for sleep. "So what are you doing?" He asked. 

"Putting on clothes." I said smirking. 

If he were present, his mouth would have been hanging. "Uh..clothes huh?" 

"Yup." I said, popping the 'p' as I slipped on a random band tee. "I just finished taking a shower when you called." 

I expected him to make a dirty remark, maybe even flirt in a cocky tone but he didn't. "Well get dry and get warm. I don't want you getting sick."

I smiled. He knew I couldn't actually 'get sick'. I'm a freaking vampire. The common cold had no effect on me. But his words made heat bloom in my chest. I felt cared for. "I wish you were here." I whispered as I held my phone against my ear. Hes no longer on silent. I actually missed him a little. I haven't seen or heard his sweet angelic voice in hours. I really wanted to be bundled up in his arms, as heat covered me like a blanket. I wanted to feel those warm, luscious lips on mine. I wanted him here . . . with me. 

There was a pause on the other line. "Your wish is my command, baby. Turn around." My heart accelerated as I listened. Seeing him standing outside my balcony made me feel like Juliet. Made me feel like Cinderella, and all the other fairy tale figures that I read sometimes to Maya. He stood there, holding his cellphone against his ear, breathing heavily. 

I walked to him, a goofy smile plastered on my face. I immediately opened the balcony doors, the chilly night wind making goosebumps run up and down my arms. We hanged up, our eyes never left each other. 

"Hi." I whispered. He closed the balcony doors before taking a step in my direction and in seconds I was in his arms, where I craved to be. "Thanks for coming." 

"The pleasure is all mine, little red." I leaned up and kissed his lips. Throughout most of the night, I watched him sleep. I studied his every feature, counted his every heartbeat. I was content, happy and satisfied as I laid down in his arms, before sleep took me away.