Chapter Ten - It doesn't define me -

All throughout class, Angelo was all I thought about. From the way his dark eyes shined this morning when I agreed to a date, to how his full, soft lips felt against my cheek when he told me he'll see me at lunch. I had mixed emotions about this 'date'. I was excited, nervous, insecure and doubtful all at the same time. I think I have come to face the fact that he is my mate and I'm his, as crazy as it seems. I could deal with him being a werewolf, but can he deal with me? Can his pack? 

"Jewels!" Rain's loud whisper caused me to roll my eyes. She's been trying to get my attention all throughout class. She was becoming slightly annoying and is causing much unwanted attention from my peers. I sighed. This is my second day of school and already so many events have occurred. I met my first friend; I found my werewolf mate; I was nearly attacked by my mates father; I kissed my mate for the first time; I was literally back stabbed by my mate's future beta. I'm surprised I even woke up this morning.

When the bell rang, Rain was at my side in an instant. "You're such a buttface for ignoring me like that!" She pouted. 

I laughed. "Yeah, like what you actually need my attention for was that important!" We exited the classroom, making our way to the cafeteria.

"It was! But now you'll never know." 

Walking into the cafeteria was overwhelming. So many scents and the different heartbeats were starting to give me a head ache. I have been in places that were more dense and crowded than this, so why was it giving me this reaction? The smell of werewolves was more prominent than anything else. And shockingly, it didn't bother me. 

"Come on! They are over there." Rain said as she took my arm and led me to a table that was right next to the windows. I tried to ignore the curious glances and glares from the werewolves. To bother them, I winked as I passed by. Rain laughed, noticing what I was doing. I looked around looking for Angelo, frowning when I couldn't see or smell him. Rain introduced me to several boys and girls that we were sitting with. All werewolves, of course. Many glared and looked away, going back to their conversations. The rest looked intrigued and started asking me questions. 

"How come you, like haven't like disintegrated under the sun?" A blonde girl named Erica asked. Seems like they have no knowledge on the basics of vampirism.

I chuckled. "Those are just myths and stories. I can walk in the sun. Its just that during the day my skin feels like I'm  suffering from a mild sun burn." I explained. Its true and over the years I have learned to block out and ignore it. 

"Can you eat normal food?" She asked as she took a bit of her corn dog. 

I raised an eyebrow. "I can." I choose to be blunt and not go into detail. Her questions were starting to irritate me.

"Do you sleep?" Not really.

"Do you own a coffin?" No.

"Can you see yourself in the mirror?" Yes. 

Her next question caught the attention of the whole table. "Do you kill people?" Everyone was staring at me, anticipating my answer. Erica bit her lip. "Uh, I mean do you bite people to drink their blood?" Her heartbeat started to beat faster. Was she nervous or scared of my answer?

I breathed in. Before I answered, I felt someone's hands on my shoulders. When I felt the familiar heat in my body, I smiled. It was Angelo. "Enough with the questions." He said as he sat next to me. I saw the concern in his eyes.

I smiled as I slowly wrapped my hand around his. He stared at our intertwined hands with a grin. I don't know what butterflies in your stomach feels like but if it is what I'm feeling, I could get addicted. The heat was everywhere as goosebumps ran up and down my arms. There was this internal pinch that I would feel in my stomach. But it wasn't painful at all. My senses focused on him. His smell, his warmth, his touch, and the way he looked at me. He looked content. And right then and there, I knew that I wanted to see the satisfaction and content on his face for a lifetime. 

"No, its okay. I can answer." I said to him. His dark eyes still held the concern but I saw that he was also curious. I placed my arm on the table and leaned my head against my hand. I took a deep breath.

"I quench my thirst by drinking animal blood. Mainly deer and bear blood. Once a month I drink from blood bags." I answered, my eyes on Angelo's the whole time.

"And it has to be AB negative, if not, I don't drink it." My eyes traveled to Erica. Her blue eyes were wide with shock. "I have great self control, so being around humans doesn't provoke me or whatever you guys are thinking. Don't believe any myths or stories about vampires, because they may be false information." She looked down, avoiding my eyes now. 

I looked to the others. The ones that glared at me. "And don't judge someone when you don't even know that person. I am my own person and being a blood sucking creature doesn't define me."