Chapter Twenty Five - Lyric

How do I handle this situation without pissing him off even more? I've read enough werewolf stories to know that I was now speaking to his wolf. Dammit! I am not prepared for this. I clutched the glass in my hand tightly, feeling my stomach drop.

"Jewels" He growled out, taking a step toward me. His voice was deeper, huskier. The way he said my name spread warmth in me. I bit my lip. He narrowed his eyes. What was I going to tell him? Oh, babe. I went to go see a clan that invaded your land days ago. They kidnapped your beta and put me through a test. Oh! I almost forgot! They want me to join them. Yeah. Not going to happen.

Keeping my eyes glued to his, I leaned against one of the kitchen counters and took a sip from my glass. The blood was tangy, like if it was old. I furrowed my eyebrows. Its only three days old. It shouldn't taste like this.

"Jewels" Angelo repeated, his voice getting sterner.

"Uh, I went to go see someone..." I told him, placing the glass of blood on the kitchen counter. I was definitely not going to drink anymore of that. The expression on his face told me that he didn't believe any of that. It wasn't a complete lie.

"Jewels!" He exclaimed, the little patience he had before was out the window.

I gulped. "Okay, okay." I said, my voice soft. I ran a hand through my red locks. "I went to go visit a clan." The second the truth left my mouth, a frown kissed his lips. I can already hear the questions. The air was full of raw tension. The emotions that flashed through Angelo's eyes made my breath stop. Betrayal and anger.

"Why?" He growled out. "What games are you playing?" His tone was full of strength. And it was like if something clicked in me. I knew that tone so well. I haven't been spoken with that tone in years. Memories flashed in my head; memories I wanted to forget and just lock into a safe and throw it in the ocean.

~

Excruciating pain filled me. It was everywhere. My body felt heavy as sweat covered my skin. I could hardly breathe as my vision blurred. "Stop! Micheal please!" I croaked out, the little energy I had left vanished as he moved his hand, twisting my ribs. I heard the crack and felt the muscle around my ribs tear. I gasped before screaming in pain.

"Stop? STOP!? No, I just started, baby." I heard him say. He was sitting on the leather couch, smirking. I knew what he was going to do and I dreaded it. The fear that filled my heart caused me to panic. I prayed I could black out again. I wanted the darkness to come and take me away. Make me not feel. The slight movement of his power filled hands could have killed me if I were alive. But I had to endure this until the end. And I felt like this torture will never end. "Ha! Pathetic! Where is that tough girl attitude you had when we first me, huh baby?" He said, before twisting his hand again.

"AH!!!" My screams and loud groans were consumed by deaf ears. His grey eyes showed an amount of anger I could never have held, and I have a lot to be angry about. His tone was so strong, so powerful, my insides shook. And not in a good way.

~

"Jewels!" He yelled, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Stop with the fucking yelling. I fucking hear you." I said, my tone matching his. "I was visiting a clan, okay? I have that goddamn right! So don't step foot into MY house demanding fucking answers. I was going to tell you eventually." My mistake was forgetting who I was talking to. This wasn't Angelo.

He walked toward me until he was inches away. His dark eyes practically shooting stakes at me. Wooden stakes to be exact. "Stop with the cussing. I don't like lies. I have let your lies slide for some time but now I'm not going to stand for it." His dark eyes were starting to get clearer. "Why. Were. You. With. A. Clan?" He growled out.