EIGHT ✱ the girl who had sad eyes

'THE GIRL WHO HAD SAD EYES '

★·.·'¯'·.·★

WHEN Y/N GOT BACK TO THE INN WITH LAXUS IT WAS LATE. He decided that she didn't learn her lesson so he gave her another talk about 'stranger danger' and talking to the other guilds.

She, of course, didn't listen and instead listed all the ways she could annoy him.

"Just don't do it again please," Laxus sighed rubbing his temples.

"Oh it will probably happen again, I am a very repetitive person and besides, it's not like the worlds going to end if you talk to a stranger on the street," As soon as she finished her sentence, the ground building started to shake.

"I spoke too soon,"

Once the shaking stopped she ran to the main lounge area to see the other. "Are you guys ok!" She yelled at them. She ran to Mira and helped her regain her balance.

"Did we just have an earthquake," Juvia asked looking around the room.

"Well if we did, its Y/N fault," Laxus added joining the conversation.

"Why is it my fault!"

"You jinxed it,"

"That's a load of shit,"

"HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE GRAND MAGIC GAMES PRELIMINARY ROUND, SKY LABYRINTH," A voice boomed. They all ran to the balcony to see a pumpkin in the sky.

"Why the hell is there a pumpkin in the sky! What has happened to the world?" Y/N asked throwing her hands up in the air.

Suddenly, the world started to spin and her head pounded. She leaned on a wall to stop herself from falling over. She saw the pumpkin man talking but she couldn't hear what he was saying.

She knew what was happening to her she just wasn't ready for it. All sound and sense of direction came back to her as she pushed herself off the wall.

"LET THE GAMES BEGIN!"

"See you later Y/N, stay at the inn!" Mira yelled at her as her team started to run into the labyrinth that looked more like a hamster ball of death.

The cold air made her shiver so she decided to walk back inside. She was alone now, and that meant she could go on her phone.

Running back to her room she pulled her phone out of her bag along with her headphones. Chiffon was asleep on the bed, completely oblivious to the world around her. Turning on the device she sat on the edge of the bed. Her leg bounced on the ground nervously wanting to use her phone again. The buzzing sound told her that her phone was awake and ready to be used.

The first thing she did was go onto messages. She would always do that, she clicked on the group chat and started typing but soon realised that what she was doing was stupid.

All of her friends were dead.

She had been gone for such a long time, and she felt the guilt. They never knew what happened to their friend. It had only hit her that everyone she knew on Earth was no longer alive.

How naive she had been think that time would wait for her.

Time doesn't wait, it catches up with everyone eventually.

And it had only just started with Y/N.

Pushing the home button, she moved to her music. She pushed her earphones into the headphone jack and then put them in her ears.

Scrolling through the music she had bought in her past life, she struggled to find something to listen to. She didn't want to listen to some happy song, she wanted- she needed to feel sad, she had to fell the guilt that she had forgotten about.

How selfish of her.

The Night We Met. Now that was a sad song.

She clicked on it and curled up into a small ball on the warm bed. She let the music sink into her mind, completely relaxing her.

I AM NOT THE ONLY TRAVELER WHO HAS NOT REPAID HIS DEBT

Ouch, that hit her. She felt her head tingle as her hair turned purples, blues and pinks.

The colours of the galaxy.

She felt her eyes begin to close but before they could, the other came back.

"Y/N, we got second place!" Mira yelled sweetly as she walked into the girl's bedroom.

Y/N quickly pulled her earphones out and pusher her phone under her pillow.

"Wow, your hair," Mira was overcome by wonder as she started to play with the girl's hair. The galaxy locks were soft against her long pale fingers. "Its so beautiful, Y/N,"

"Thanks Mira "

Meanwhile, on the other side of the city. Sting was lost in his thoughts. His guild had come in first place once again, there was nothing to be happy about. They always came in first place.

His blond hair lightly lit up the dull room that he was in. His bare chest rose up and down with every breath he took.

Lector was curled up in a small ball beside him. He was mumbling about fish in his sleep. Sting chuckled and ran his long fingers through the cats red fur.

He looked up at the bland ceiling and let his mind take him to another place. But that place wasn't a place at all, it was a person.

And that person was called Y/N.

He couldn't stop thinking about her. It was like she was embedded in his mind and he couldn't dig her up. Looking back at his moments with her, he began to regret his actions, only slightly.

But she was so beautiful to him.

It made he really angry that a girl like that was in a guild like Fairy Tail.

She was a dragon slayer, a powerful one. And she was a Fairy.

He couldn't understand why it confused him. Just thinking about her magic made him happy and calm. It must look so beautiful, just like her.

But when he looked at her eyes, something was off. He looked right into them, those big E/C eyes.

Those big sad eyes.

Sad. Why was she sad? What made her sad? Could he help her?

Question after question popped into his head at such a high speed it made his head hurt.

So to put his mind to rest, he came up with a plan. He was going to find out why her eyes were sad.

★·.·'¯'·.·★

( edited- 2nd april 2019 )